Automatic Logoff

cacil

Hi, is there any way when I use unattended installation after we set up the AutoLogon to run an automatic AutoLogoff?

My [GuiUnattended] is the following, it will do autologon just one time but I would like to have an automatic logoff after a couple of minutes after the computer is logged on. Is this possible?

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=1666727fa22c5baeaad3b4356b51404ee1d7734b0a69b8026a65a1feba4a682a0

EncryptedAdminPassword=Yes

AutoLogon=Yes

AutoLogonCount=1

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=%TIMEZONE%

OemSkipWelcome=1

Thanks.

C.

Well, you could use a batch file to run on GuiRunOnce with sleep.exe set to however long you need then run shutdown -L (nb: You don't need it capitalized, I just did that to make it easier to determine what I typed). Or, you could use shutdown -L -t xx where xx = the amount of time until it logs off, but doing so will leave a window in the middle of your screen showing how much time left until log off.

*EDIT*

Well, I discovered that shutdown -l -t 60 won't show a timer display in the middle of the screen. That only happens using shutdown -r or shutdown -s. However, do not use shutdown -l unless you really intend to log off...shutdown -a won't stop it, heh.

Hi, is there any way when I use unattended installation after we set up the AutoLogon to run an automatic AutoLogoff?

My [GuiUnattended] is the following, it will do autologon just one time but I would like to have an automatic logoff after a couple of minutes after the computer is logged on. Is this possible?

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=1666727fa22c5baeaad3b4356b51404ee1d7734b0a69b8026a65a1feba4a682a0

EncryptedAdminPassword=Yes

AutoLogon=Yes

AutoLogonCount=1

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=%TIMEZONE%

OemSkipWelcome=1

Thanks.

C.

You are using an encrypted password and it still manages to auto logon, and just once?

Whenever I have an encrypted password set in WINNT.SIF, it does not log in after installation and has to be done manually.

Also, I find that "AutoAdminLogon" seems to be permanently set as it logs in after every reboot when I install.

What am I doing wrong?

Tjenare!

Also, I find that "AutoAdminLogon" seems to be permanently set as it logs in after every reboot when I install.

I had this problem .. found out that "log out" versus "rebooting" was the big problem! You say you reboot so I guess my posting is crapola! :blushing: