Windows 2003: bug with default security settings?

Hi,

I ran into some weird bug on Windows 2003 that is very easy to reproduce.

* Leave default security settings for some folder. That should mean "Everyone" gets the full rights to this folder, with a few exceptions, and no other user is listed except "Everyone".

* Create a new folder in this folder from within explorer (context menu / New / Folder).

* Do not give it a name. Leave the default name ("New Folder") and hit enter or click anywhere. You now have a "New Folder" folder.

* Now try renaming it, any way you want (from within Explorer, or even from a command prompt using "rename").

* It won't work. You can't rename it.

I could reproduce this bug on 3 different Windows 2003 boxes with the latest security hot fixes.

Note that if you give the new folder a name right away, it works. And you can later rename it again. But if you leave the default name the first time you create it, you're screwed. I wonder if that happens for everyone else and if so, is it a bug or what could be the rationale behind it (I can't figure out any, since you can do anything with this folder, even delete it, but just not rename it...).