Best Editors e.g. ResHack and Hex Workshop

takuma2004

Hmm.... Since you did not specify WHAT kind of editors, here's a personal list of preference:

1. Hex editor - WinHex

2. Text editor - NoteTab Plus

3. Win32 resources - Resource Hacker

Your post above looks like you don't want to talk of document, image and web-page editors here. ;) (so I'll not mention those)

I personally prefer Ultraedit, it does text files, and hex editing. Others I know prefer textedit. Another friend of mine prefers crimsom editor. I also like vi, they like emacs. Pick one, and stick with it. Most of them have similar functionality, but we usually stick with what we learn first.

What do i mean by Editors?

I mean, using that software i can edit softwares e.g. changing the menu, text etc.

Resouce Hacker does the same thing but i would like to know if there are some better editors than this or not.

Remember: I am not gonna do anything illegal or something, i only use it for myself and i just like to do some experiments.

@takuma

OK, but no need for the red letters! :no:

by Editors I mean, editors that can edit resources in softwares
hmm, so my opinion on that - Well, I've tried other resource-editing utilities. Found resource hacker to be the best, anyways. It is good enough, plus its freeware (which is not the case with others).

For resource editors, I prefer resource tuner or restorator. Restorator is nice, because it can let you make a program to send your changes to others. Haven't figured out how to make it skip the crc check by default on different versions of files, but its the best tool for that job.

Both cost cash though.

My favourite editor, also the official editor in the company i work for, is UltraEdit :thumbup since its early days.

As for resource editor, i search for years for a stable and secure one but haven't found any.

Resource Hacker was nice but it author stopped its development.

Resource Tuner is stable and nice looking but has no features, like dialog, toolbar and user data resource support, RC text editing etc.

Restorator and ResBuilder are too buggy for me.

So i gave up and use VisualStudio resource editor. A monster though :)