WPI_2.7_Final by the Brain & Gresh

If you want that B is selected when you select A, you have to put the uid line into the progs section in the config.js

For programm B:

uid[pn]=['Name of prog B']

and in programm A section:

deps[pn]=['Name of prog B']

See this on the WPI Homepage in the example config, hasi uses it for his Office 2003 installation:

prog[pn]=['Microsoft Office 2003']
desc[pn]=['Installs Microsoft Office 2003 Professional. Recommended']
cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\Install\\MicrosoftOffice\\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['Office']
ordr[pn]=[1]
uid[pn]=['O2K3']
pn++

prog[pn]=['Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit']
desc[pn]=['Installs Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit. For developers']
cmd1[pn]=['msiexec.exe /qb /i %cdrom%\\Install\\Office2003ResourceKit\\ORK.MSI']
dflt[pn]=['no']
cat[pn]=['Office']
ordr[pn]=[3]
uid[pn]=['O2K3RK']
deps[pn]=['O2K3']
pn++

if you have the Metpad already named Notepad, and its on your cd, you could use something like this:

cmd /c XCOPY "%cdrom%\\Applications\\Notepad.exe" "%systemdrive%\\system32\\" /E /Y

fix the paths, and whatnot.

I use dreamweaver as i have a registered version at work.

I just got dreamweaver, but when I try to open WPI.hta it only shows me the HTML code.

Could you explain how to modify the file graphically (change bg, move buttons, etc.)?

you guys wanted a transparent title pic created??? i did one the other night before the post was mentioned... when i was modifying the look of the main page.... here it is if anyone wants it......

not perfect but when i fine tune it i'll repost it.....

what looks white is transparent so it should work.....

buzz

post-70-1103735718_thumb.png

Hey MCT

was lookign at the screenshot of your WPI and i just noticed that you have curved boxes with x's in them???? how did u do this? can u change jsut the boxes to curved ones? or can you change just the checkmarks to x's? or how do you do both????

hey Hasi

nice work on the latest version..... just noticed on the option page that the yes or no???? buttons at the bottom don't change o the proper language after it's changed to english from german... and just guessed which button to click....... and the option box for the timer only allows 3 digits to be entered.... so you couldnt put in 3600 for 60min countdown.... just FYI... nto that i need it or anything... cuz 5 mins is enough for me.

also when i'm add a spaces to my program name...... i add the <br /> tag like this.....

prog[pn]=['Norton Systemworks 2003 <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />']
desc[pn]=['Installs Norton Systemworks 2003.<br /><br />Includes:<br />-Norton Antivirus<br />-Norton Ghost<br />-Norton Utilites <br /> <br /> ']
cmd1[pn]=['"%systemdrive%\INSTALL\\APPLICATIONS\Norton\Setup.exe /qn /Reboot=Suppress']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['Security Software']
ordr[pn]=[3]
uid[pn]=['norton']
pn++

when i add those spaces though.... whether its one or more <br /> tags addes it pushes the programs below off .. below the edge of the page, instead of bumping the next lines to the next column......

any ideas????

post-70-1103737334_thumb.jpg

I got a q about the new version:

I am used to editing certain things in wpi myself

//  Generate.js: Commented out "window.alert(getText(msgStartInstall));" to remove Alert.

// Changed "(j==15)" to "(j==45)" to prevent multiple RunOnceEx windows.

//  Config.js: Commented out "numCols=3;" and "sortorder=['..."

For the new version, I can still edit it right (I know its all in diff js files now)?

Also, for example with var appsPerInstallWindow=30; - I can put any number there right? Not just the choices from the wizard menu?

the s*** has really hit the fan.

The order in which my programs are installing is all screwed up.

even my cleanup.cmd which is at the very end 999

is installing in the middle?

whats the value of installByCategory in useroptions.js. If it's true then read back a few posts - that's 'normal' bahaviour. If it's false, zip up you config.js and useroptions.js and attach it to a reply.