rs = rs.replace("%CDROM%", cddrv); 

rs = rs.replace("%SYSTEMDRIVE%",sysdrv);

rs = rs.replace("%WINDIR%", windir); 

rs = rs.replace("%PROGRAMFILES%",programfiles);

british can u send me your build w/ the fixes... Its so confusing

i will pm u my email address.

you only need to delete the three lines

the rest is already in there.

I am now using 2.99a with the added changes.

This does work ok.

You only have to delete the three lines and it works ok.

I will be doing a howto on modifying the look of WPI the week after christmas.

not much time before...sorry

No. You do not have to delete them. Just move them down one line. It should look like this:

if((u[0] == "systemdrive") ||(u[0] == "programfiles") ||(u[0] == "windir") ||(u[0] == "cdrom") ||(u[0] == "")) {
 pth = new String();
 pth = u[0];
 u[0] = pth.toLowerCase();
 if(u[0] == "systemdrive") return WshEnv("SYSTEMDRIVE") + "\\" + u[1]

1. I would liek to knwo how to add a blank line in the generate script as to separte items.... i saw an earlier post on changing the height/width of the category lines but that idea didnt work when i tried it.... so is there a simple line of code that adds a blank line to the script????
Well. That should work. You have to edit boxes.js, line 200
	 txt += ('<div class="category">' + cat[i][0] + '</div><hr>');

and insert a blank line:

txt += ('<div class="category">' + cat[i][0] + '
</div><hr>');

Then you have to test it and change the value 30.72 in line 238

if ( (winheight >= 768) && ((pi+cats)>=(col*(winheight/30.72)))) {

to a value that suits the new style.

2. You know the window that shows up after you execute the script and it goes through each program installing one by one???? Is there a way to turn that into separate windows??? Ie each category has 3 programs in it.... and when it installs the 1st window pops up...

Edit generate.js, line 190 says

if (j==15) // call RunOnceEx every 15 apps, so that the window doesn't grow too big

Change 15 to 1 and every app installs seperately.

May i make a little suggestion?

Since it seems we are finding new bugs everyday. Would it be possible for a link to the files itself with the modified code.

The problems: if someone using 2.7 comes to the end of this thread and does not back read. They

might think that oh... i just have to replace this code. When in fact

they hv to get the other files as well.

I dont knw if i explained myself well. It is just that we are updating the code

almost on a daily basis now. Not that it is a bad thing. Since we are finding all bugs and fix it right away. It is getting very confusing. I dont know

who has which buid anymore :P LOL

That makes sense now why it was defaulting to drive D. D was in my registry. I replaced the win51 with win51ip so that it would work with my UBCD project. Everything is working now. I am sure somewhere in these many pages someone has maybe suggested an alternative way to get the drive letter, there must be a better way than looking for a file? Maybe vbs code or some small utility?

On my XP-Unattended-DVD there are 3 unique files:

WIN51 ... which can be found on every XP install CD

WIN51IP ... which should tell you, that the install includes service pack 1

WIN51IP.SP2 ... and service pack 2

So WIN51 should be on EVERY XP-Install-CD. That's, why I am searching for this file! If you read this montrous thread, you'll get to know that there isn't any better way to search for the CDROM drive letter (your question suggests, you didn't). Former versions of WPI only used the registry value - that was a huge problem sometimes, and so now I use it only as a fallback solution. If you find any other (better) way then let me know of it.

If you like to know more about the FindCDROM mechanism, read generate.js - and write your own. The WPI homepage's help section also gives answers to this problem.

May i make a little suggestion?

Since it seems we are finding new bugs everyday. Would it be possible for a link to the files itself with the modified code.

The problems: if someone using 2.7 comes to the end of this thread and does not back read. They

might think that oh... i just have to replace this code. When in fact

they hv to get the other files as well.

I dont knw if i explained myself well. It is just that we are updating the code

almost on a daily basis now. Not that it is a bad thing. Since we are finding all bugs and fix it right away. It is getting very confusing. I dont know

who has which buid anymore :P LOL

I could split config.js into a file with variable defines and one for the users' program entries, so that the user only has to replace 'his' customized file. The problem with this is, that users wouldn't be aware of new functionality or required changes that come from added behaviour.

It seems, that most users do not read this thread (it's grown too long by now) - but they do not read the docs and faqs on the homepage either. So they come here, when they've got problems and someone has to explain things again (see my upper post for an example).

What should I do? Stop working on WPI, so that there won't be any changes/additions ? Or would you users make yourself the little work to read the docs and news on the homepage ?

Users only have to make changes in config.js. Replace the sample progs with your own. That should always work, since I try to be backwards compatible with the program definitions. If you customize WPI like bulldog does, it's up to you to change the code.

No. You do not have to delete them. Just move them down one line. It should look like this:

Cool, that should work exactly how I want it. Had I looked at the code just a little bit longer I would have realized it was just this simple to have case sensitivity only removed from the environment variables! ;)

I just download the latest build. Never had any problems. Great program

rephrase... u are darn lucky. I had so many problems. Good and well for u :thumbup

edit... i am sorry if i sound very negative before. I firmly believe that WPI is truly a wonderful creation.

and as u can see each day the bugs are one by one being fixed. Thank u

Edited by Astalavista

Astalavista -

I think your coming off wrong on this...your sounding negitive.

I know for a fact not one of my AutoIt scripts will fit every ones needs...tho in general they will fit most peoples needs.

Just try to keep in mind its really hard if not impossible to create one size fits all code. :)

Any ways while you Critique the use of the code...please try to phrase things more positively.

Well back to my own code pounding and hair pulling. ;)

:wacko: I am really confuse when people post code now. I dont know which version they are using. :wacko: And when u guys talk about this code or that code. i dont know if your talking about config.js, generate.js, or whatever. LMAO I am totally lost.

For now i just downloaded 2.99a (bahala na) ke sera sera... what will be will be.

Until BD can come up with a his own build and guide.

BD to test for compatibility I burned my wpi to a CDRW

i placed a autorun.inf and now it automatically loads the wpi when it is inserted

into a cd/dvdrom reader. So Cool.

Plus i am using an ISO i just change this and that... mount it on my virtual drive

and test the heck out of it. Once i see no further problems i import it to my $oem$\$1\Install folder.

No we are having one version. Mine is the same as hasi001 has.

The 'new' look of mine is something else it has nothing to do with the programming of this great application. I will be puting up instructions on how and what to do to get some screens like the example i put in this thread a couple of days ago.

I have found a few 'bugs' and have writen ways of getting rid of them. That is the whole idea of a board like this. We all want applications that work and this is being done. The more people look into projects like this the better they will get.

@Astalavista

that code above was generate.js.

Most of the post with code actually say where they are from.

If you have downloaded the latest version of WPI from hasi001's homepage then that is the one to use. all you need to do is add your programmes to the config.js file as hasi said. Anything else will come up with bugs that are confusing as the files are then from different versions.

hasi001

thanks for the extra line info i didnt knw <p> was the code i needed thanks! it worked fine with just adding the line (see screnshot to see what i meant)

2. You know the window that shows up after you execute the script and it goes through each program installing one by one???? Is there a way to turn that into separate windows??? Ie each category has 3 programs in it.... and when it installs the 1st window pops up...

Edit generate.js, line 190 says

CODE 

if (j==15) // call RunOnceEx every 15 apps, so that the window doesn't grow too big

Change 15 to 1 and every app installs seperately.

thats cool but what i want to do is have a new window for each category of prgrams.......

ie if u select all of the adobe programs..... those would show up under a window titled 'adobe software" it would install all of those then move onto the next category "ms office 2003" install those comonents etc.....

first is there a way to title the windows????

second how can we put only categories into those windows?

post-70-1103563517_thumb.jpg