WPI_2.7_Final by the Brain & Gresh

I do not think you can change that. It's the windows-styles that makes it. If you look at the screenshots at the wpi homepage you'll see, that they look different to yours, isn't it ?

If anyone knows, how to apply a style to checkboxes in IE, I'd appreciate a solution.

I know it works with scrollbars, but I don't know a way to 'skin' checkboxes.

Ran into a problem with the fix for case sensitivity. Seems it makes the whole script lowercase (which is fine in most cases), but if you require a certain case (such as serial numbers or running a method with rundll32.exe, this is a real problem. To remove this (which means you have to make sure your variables are lowercase), comment out line 104:

u[0] = pth.toLowerCase();

Here's an example of something passed to rundll32.exe that requires proper case:

rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks

The above runs the task that BootVis would run to optimize boot time.

Britishbulldog, no ones every reads.... thats the problem.

That is why i suggested u make your own Thread. and u can control/ delete

post that are not relevant.

Hey man, you DO realize this is a 50 page thread.... right? Come on, give me a break. I tried to find it, but obviously skimmed too much, so for that sorry. Don't assume no one reads, I've read at LEAST 30 pages of this thread which took me about 4 hours (mostly because I was testing what I was reading). Just because I missed one thing, don't generalize.

it was not directed sole on you. I am also guilty of it. ... sometimes.

I am just trying to encourage britishbulldog to come out with his own

build and guide. That is all.

Again sorry if u feel it was directed at u.

cheers.

what build are u talking about?

Ran into a problem with the fix for case sensitivity. Seems it makes the whole script lowercase (which is fine in most cases), but if you require a certain case (such as serial numbers or running a method with rundll32.exe, this is a real problem. To remove this (which means you have to make sure your variables are lowercase), comment out line 104:

CODE

u[0]= pth.toLowerCase();

The latest version of wpi has a file adduser.vbs in the wscripts folder, what is this for? Also I get a javascript error "uid is undefined" when launching wpi.hta

Lastly does anyone know how %cdrom% is determined? Because I keep getting an error that it is trying to find the files on drive D even though that is a hard drive, my cdrom is E. Also if I have two cdroms, it always defaults to the first cdrom, even if the cd is in the second.

Dennis

@Astalavista

Build 2.99a

And don't worry about it, it just really did feel like you were talking about me only. I'm over it... ;)

@dlevens

This is because you are using your old config.js You need to use the new config file, but copy and paste your own items into it. There are new variable definitions in the new config.js including uid. Also, the file WIN51 is what it looks for in the root of the drive. If your hard drive has that file at the root, or if any other disc has it, it will be detected.

Oh, forgot to mention... The OTHER place it looks (if all else fails) is in your registry for HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\SourcePath

This usually always works (during the install anyhow, not testing necessarily)

That makes sense now why it was defaulting to drive D. D was in my registry. I replaced the win51 with win51ip so that it would work with my UBCD project. Everything is working now. I am sure somewhere in these many pages someone has maybe suggested an alternative way to get the drive letter, there must be a better way than looking for a file? Maybe vbs code or some small utility?

Dennis

Actually, the fallback to using the registry is very effective. If you looked at the registry values during install (by bringing up command line with Shift+F10 and using Reg.exe), you will see the value is always there. Even if you don't modify for testing purposes, the registry will work for you I'm certain.

Hi everyone looking for solutions to the following two requests please!

1. I would liek to knwo how to add a blank line in the generate script as to separte items.... i saw an earlier post on changing the height/width of the category lines but that idea didnt work when i tried it.... so is there a simple line of code that adds a blank line to the script????

2. You know the window that shows up after you execute the script and it goes through each program installing one by one???? Is there a way to turn that into separate windows??? Ie each category has 3 programs in it.... and when it installs the 1st window pops up...

Window 1

Adobe

MS Office

Apps

this then clsoes and

Window 2

Winzip

tools

apps

shows up installs each item then closes......

is there a waya to do this??? i read all of this forums post an no luck.......

you can actually delete the three new lines

pth = new String();
pth = u[0];
u[0] = pth.toLowerCase();

They are not needed as the case sensitivity was only with the variables being used not with the rest. That is sorted out with this

rs = rs.replace("%cdrom%", cddrv);  
 rs = rs.replace("%systemdrive%",sysdrv);
 rs = rs.replace("%windir%", windir);  
 rs = rs.replace("%programfiles%",programfiles);
 rs = rs.replace("%CDROM%", cddrv);  
 rs = rs.replace("%SYSTEMDRIVE%",sysdrv);
 rs = rs.replace("%WINDIR%", windir);  
 rs = rs.replace("%PROGRAMFILES%",programfiles);