WPI_2.7_Final by the Brain & Gresh

I'd like to thank everbody on this part of the forum personaly, I've used an older WPI and had no problems. I need to re-install again because of adding Visual Studio Beta version and I'm going BB. I have not had that may problems that I have not been able to solve myself through searching other parts of the forum.

@ all

well I finally got around to using this fine tool..... very nice and worked

the first time except for the following, I know I can run a batch file at

the end of wpi but thats not the point, now is it? This came right out of my

cmd, that is now history. Using nLite and WPI I have everything for my 4 mb's

on one cd, even the ATI A-I-W drivers....... any way can't get this;

color 0b

ECHO Copying Windows Explorer Shortcuts...

COPY "%systemdrive%\install\hotfiles\QLlinks\*.lnk" "%Userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"

if it's possible to run from WPI, perhaps someone can give me a little help, or

I'll just call a cmd from WPI.

thanks bonedaddy

nice job by everyone on WPI

I have this in my WPI to copy the favourites.

prog[pn]=['Copying Favourites']
desc[pn]=['Copying Favourites to the Favourite Folder']
cmd1[pn]=['xcopy /y /s %CDROM%\\install\\Favoriten %userprofile%\\Favoriten\\']
dflt[pn]=['no']
cat[pn]=['Registry Tweaks']
var ordr=[920]
pn++

so this should work for you

prog[pn]=['Copying Windows Explorer Shortcuts...']
desc[pn]=['Copying Windows Explorer Shortcuts]
cmd1[pn]=['xcopy /y /s %systemdrive%\\install\\hotfiles\\QLlinks\\*.lnk "%Userprofile%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Quick Launch"']
dflt[pn]=['no']
cat[pn]=['Description']
var ordr=[920]
pn++

It should not matter if you use the xcopy command

@ BritishBulldog

I tried /T /E as well as others and no luck, I don't

think WPI supports %userprofile%, any way just

used a batch called from WPI and all is fine.......

Also I want to change the number of visible items

being installed from 15 to 25, I read this from earlier

post;

- right now, packages of 15 apps will get installed. You can change this value for yourself in generate.js if you want. This is also the file, where you could change the installation-mechanism to your needs - so if you want to install per category, just change the loops and be happy ...

do I just change the value 15 to 25? Looks as if thats it....

thanks bonedaddy

First I have to thank hasi001 for the latest WPI, it rocks :D

I only have one single problem left and altough it doesn't really occur that many times in real life it could happen and I'm a little annoyed about that ;)

The thing is, say you put your timer on 180 seconds, and then you start the installation after, say 60 seconds. What happens for me is that it starts the installation BUT restarts the RunOnceEx windows after 120 seconds when the timer has run out in the background. The reason why this doesn't happen very often though is that if you select just one program, change anything, then the timer will stop automatically.

So there's a pretty simple solution, just that I can't do the coding.

The timer needs to be stopped when you press Begin install just like it does when you press the other buttons.

Some of you might say that it's not a problem if it installs almost everything again and that's true IF that means it really does it, with that I mean it doesn't interrupt and say you have already installed that application. ( which it did for me :( )

Hopefully someone got the solution.

Hi,

I use WPI 2.9.8a and it works fine for most things, but I found a little bug.

When I use it on a small resolution (800x600) the scrollbar doesn't work.

The WPI starts and you can select apps from the first site, but you can't scroll. If you click on the down-arrow you get to the second page, where are the next utils are listed, but you can't get back to the first page. The last things are missing and there is no arrow to get on the third page.

Here is a pic to show what I mean:

wpi.JPG

Hope you can help me. I'm not that fit in coding things like that.

Thx Tomcat

thanks for this great software

i have a couple of questions:

is there a way to set constraint?

example, both gaim and gimp need GTK. i'd like to have gim, gaim and gtk individually selectable in wpi. is there a way to link gimp and gaim to gtk so if i select gimp also gtk are selected?

can i specify a single transition?

i'd like to have all tooltips with the fade in effect, can i specify this?

thanks

sonica

some where in the thread it is mintioned that we shld keep wpi folder in $oem\install\wpi\wpi.hta.which is called by winnt.sif as---"%systemdrive%\install\wpi\install.cmd" this is fine when i use "%systemdrive% in my config.js what to change if i modify "%systemdrive%--to-- %cdrom% in config.js.imean where to keep the wpi folder and what to add winnt.sif

That is not true

on my cd i have CDROM:\install\wpi

in cmdlines.txt i have

[COMMANDS]

"RunOnceEx.cmd"

in RunOnceEx.cmd is my wpi call up

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

FOR %%d IN (D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\CD.TXT SET CDROM=%%d

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\wpi\WPI.hta" /f

EXIT

all my software is in the CDROM:\Install\XXXXX

and in config.js is as

cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\Driver\\Sigma\\setup.exe -s -f2"%systemdrive%\\sigma.log"']

So i copy nothing to hard drive not even the wpi folder.

@BritishBulldog

would this work?

[COMMANDS]

"REGEDIT /S RegTweaks.reg"

"WPI.cmd"

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

FOR %%d IN (D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\CD.TXT SET CDROM=%%d

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\WPI\WPI.hta" /f

EXIT

specifically: running both regtweaks and wpi.cmd (to run on first logon) from cmdlines.txt?

EDIT: What's this: "DO IF EXIST %%d\CD.TXT " - i don't think i have a cd.txt in my cd root..???

Hi,

I am not sure if the RegTweaks would run like that from the cmdlines.txt. They would be run straight away and not at first logon. The WPI.cmd would work ok. If you want the RegTweaks to run at first logon then add them To the WPI.cmd as below.

here is a timeline for WInXP TimeLine

What actually happens is at T-12 cmdlines is run, so with yours it would do the tweaks then. It would then run your WPI.cmd which only puts the 3 REG ADD lines into the registry under the RunOnceEx. This is only started on first logon

So this would run the WPI at first logon and then run the RegTweak.reg, but it must then be in CDROM\TWEAKS\RegTwaek.reg, you can change the directory to what you want.

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Adding RegTweaks..." /f
REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %CDROM%\Tweaks\RegTweaks.reg" /f

EXIT

For this to work you must add a CD.TXT to the root of your CDROM. you can make this file up yourself. Its just a normal text file and need no contents in it.

"DO IF EXIST %%d\CD.TXT "
What this line does is looks on all drives from D: to Z: (if they are there) and checks to see if a CD.TXT file is there if so it writes to the variable CDROM the drive letter. So that when

is run the %CDROM% is changed to get D:\WPI\WPI.hta

you misunderstood me. the regtweaks already works fine (I run it from cmdlines.txt & again from WPI, to make sure all aspects are loaded), i just wanted to know if both regtweaks AND wpi.cmd could be run from cmdlines.txt.

as far as the CD.txt - would this work instead?

set tagfile=\WIN51
for %%i in (c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z) do if exist "%%i:%tagfile%" set CDROM=%%i

then I have below it:

EXIT

All of the above code (from this post) would be in WPI.cmd, which would be called by cmdlines.txt.

Is this correct?