WPI_2.7_Final by the Brain & Gresh

every thing is fine with wpi.working really good.

but there is one more option i want in wpi, and that is progress bar.i think its very importent bcz when we installing soft like adobe,installation takes some time.and as there is no activity bar it looks like installation is hanged.so try to change the code so that it shows a over all installation progress bar.

Hi, All!

I'm working on the article for my web site. The article is about different methods of selecting apps for installation. So far WPI 2.9.8 has impressed me the most, and I'd like to thank the authors for such a great job. I've configured and run it without any problems (except for %CDROM% in the command paths was not recognized and I had to replace it with %cdrom% :)).

Basically, I'm planning to describe WPI's features, explain how to run it and translate config.js options to Russian. I need to clarify a couple of options listed in config.js.

My question is about the discPath variable. For my installation I didn't specify the discPath, and simply used

cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Software\\wrar330ru.exe /s']

with the Software folder placed in the root of the CD. It worked just fine.

How do I employ the discPath variable? I tried to specify it as discPath='cdrom' in the global options but neither of the following commands worked:

cmd1[pn]=['\\Software\\wrar330ru.exe /s']
cmd1[pn]=['Software\\wrar330ru.exe /s']

The only command that worked was

cmd1[pn]=['cdrom','\\Software\\wrar330ru.exe /s']

But from the reference section I gather it would work even when discPath is not specified.

To continue with discPath

// use 'root' if installing applications directly from CD/DVD while

// applications is placed in a folder at the root of the disc.

Not sure how to use it either. Can someone list an example of the command based on my case?

Thanks for your attention to my question.

Hello.

I'm creating my unattended Windows DVD, and i find WIP absolutely amazing.

Buit there is only one thing that i don't like, ,it's the false scrollbar on the right side of the screen.

Is it possible to replace this bar with a really classical one who can scroll up and down instead of switching page 1/2/3/.... ??

Thank you in advance

BadAcid

BritishBulldog

Thanks for your reply. So I take it as there are only two possible parameters: '' and 'root'. Could you please provide an example of using 'root' in a command given that my apps are in the Software folder which is placed in the root of the CD?

I'm having problems with WPI. It works just fine in Vmware, but when I go to install it when I'm exactly formatting my drive, my computer freezes at Applying Computer Settings. My WPI folder is here on my cdrom

$OEM$\$1\WPI\WPI.hta

This is what I have in my winnt.sif

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\WPI\WPI.hta

Do I have to create a cmd file to run the .hta file? It looks like that's what everyone else is doing.

I'm having problems with WPI.  It works just fine in Vmware, but when I go to install it when I'm exactly formatting my drive, my computer freezes at Applying Computer Settings.  My WPI folder is here on my cdrom

$OEM$\$1\WPI\WPI.hta

This is what I have in my winnt.sif

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\WPI\WPI.hta

Do I have to create a cmd file to run the .hta file?  It looks like that's what everyone else is doing.

Look at for detailed info: WPI Page

a little quote:

Locate your $oem$\$1\install folder, and extract WPI into this folder. The result should be a new folder $oem$\Install\WPI
If your installation path is different, modify it as required.

Create or edit install.cmd in $oem$\$1\install (That is, the root of your install folder) and add the folowing line:
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\WPI\WPI.HTA
See here how my install.cmd looks like:
@ECHO OFF
rem The following line hides the command window ...
cmdow @ /HID

ECHO.
ECHO Calling WPI
ECHO.
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\WPI\WPI.HTA

exit
Edit WPI\wpiscripts\config.js to include the applications you wish to install. See the sample config.js for instructions.

Be sure to agree to all associated licenses! This includes all third party licenses.

Remove any batch files or installer scripts you used before and that you did not add to wpi, and then add the following lines to your winnt.sif, under your guirunonce section: [GuiRunOnce]
%systemdrive%\install\install.cmd
Note: If you use a cleanup script, be sure it runs after the WPI scripts, or else WPI will fail to execute.

Your custom WPI is finished. Use any steps you normally follow to create a slipstreamed, bootable CD image.
It is highly recommended that you test your CD Image as much as possible. Simply doubleclick WPI.hta to open it on your local machine.

To test the whole installation process you have 2 options: a spare pc or a virtual machine.

Have fun.

So I think read the page carefully, and good luck.

try calling it from your cmdlines.txt file.

add this entry under [COMMANDS]there

[COMMANDS]
"RunOnceEx.cmd"

make up a RunOnceEx.cmd file with this in it

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

FOR %%d IN (D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\CD.TXT SET CDROM=%%d

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\wpi\WPI.hta" /f

EXIT

changing this to the correct path

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\wpi\WPI.hta" /f

You can have it as

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\$OEM$\WPI.hta" /f

depending where you have your WPI.HTA file,then save it in the $OEM$ folder.

If you have a different directory from the $OEM$ one like in my code, then you dont have to have it copying to the harddrive all the time, makes the installation quicker.

I get the best results this way.

I found out you don't have to create a .cmd file. You can put .hta in your .sif file and it will work found. I was applying this registry tweak in cmdlines:

;For those with 512mb or more memory this turns the page file to 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

"PagingFiles"=hex(7):00,00

I have a half gig of memory, and it messed up my system. This tweak sucks. Stay away from it!

Hello.

I'm creating my unattended Windows DVD, and i find WIP absolutely amazing.

Buit there is only one thing that i don't like, ,it's the false scrollbar on the right side of the screen.

Is it possible to replace this bar with a really classical one who can scroll up and down instead of switching page 1/2/3/.... ??

Thank you in advance

BadAcid

Can anyone answer me please?

So my DVD is 99.999% perfect.

I ran through a real-world test install on my system, and all was well except this:

I use WPI to install my programs. When I select all, everything on the list is selected, everything is listed on the runonceex windows, and everything installs. however, even though it is selected in wpi, and listed in runonceex, PowerDVD5 does NOT install.

The weird thing is that if I run WPI (from harddrive or CD), and ONLY select powerdvd, it installs perfectly. why does this happen? what's going on?

is another program installation interfering?

is it a problem in the wpi numbering?

:blink:

i attached my config.js, if it helps...

change it to this

prog[pn]=['PowerDVD XP v5']
desc[pn]=['PowerDVD is the latest evolution of a player that offers maximum video and audio playback entertainment.']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Applications\\pdvd\\Setup.exe -s -f2"%systemdrive%\\power.log"']
dflt[pn]=['no']
forc[pn]=['false']
cat[pn]=['<font color="FF9900">Video</font>']
pn++

This is an Install Shield setup and it needs to write a log file. This is only if you are installing from CD/DVD fromm HDD you dont have to specify this option.