WPI_2.7_Final by the Brain & Gresh

WPI uses the following:

rs = rs.replace("%cdrom%", cddrv);  
rs = rs.replace("%systemdrive%",sysdrv);
rs = rs.replace("%windir%", windir);  
rs = rs.replace("%programfiles%",programfiles);

these get replaced by windows environment variables (e.g. %programfiles% would get substituted by "C:\Program Files" (en,us) or "C:\Programme" (de) ...). you've got to write them in small letters.

other default variables are supported in the cmds, but wont't get substituted through WPI (e.g. %USERNAME% stays the same, but has its corresponding environment variable - so it's useable)

I've got a strange error using tha last wpi version (2.9.8).

I am trying to test my last entry, and therefore I click on Select none and then I select what I want to install (one application). Then I hit Begin Install only to see 6 or 7 seven applications, that I never selected, getting installed.

If this helps I am running it on 1152x864, and the last entry is the first one on the second row.

I've just noticed that this happens only if I have two rows. If I reduce the number of applications and they fit to one row - everything works just fine.

By the way Hasi - very usefull application!

I've got a strange error using tha last wpi version (2.9.8).

I am trying to test my last entry, and therefore I click on Select none and then I select what I want to install (one application). Then I hit Begin Install only to see 6 or 7 seven applications, that I never selected, getting installed.

If this helps I am running it on 1152x864, and the last entry is the first one on the second row.

I've just noticed that this happens only if I have two rows. If I reduce the number of applications and they fit to one row - everything works just fine.

By the way Hasi - very usefull application!

send me a pm with your config.js. i'll see, what's the problem and fix it.

How do you run a .cmd file (batch file, of course) from the WPI config.js file and have it wait until the batch has finished before continuing? The batch file is required for a particularly difficult app install where the user/serial # is entered via regedits and app restarts.

Thx.

PS Please don't request me to search, if this has been answered in the Forum before. I am sending this in a half-destroyed garage in Florida, trying to resume my occupation. I do appreciate your charity.

@Bulldog

Upped a new version 2.9.8a. Try this one. Internal (re)numbering reworked. New languages.

Note: if you use the ordr parameter in only some of your progs, the ones that don't have it, will be installed at the end.

@bob3d

dunno, if this is working. you surely have tried just to use that batch file as a prog's cmd. if that didn't work, then nothing else will. if you haven't tried yet, do so. WPI and RunOnceEx are designed to wait for every process's end. Since a batch script should also run in a separate cmd-process the only thing you should have to do it to use the start /wait mechanism inside the .cmd

Post an excerpt of you .cmd file. Perhaps others do have another / better idea.

@bob3d

dunno, if this is working. you surely have tried just to use that batch file as a prog's cmd. if that didn't work, then nothing else will. if you haven't tried yet, do so. WPI and RunOnceEx are designed to wait for every process's end. Since a batch script should also run in a separate cmd-process the only thing you should have to do it to use the start /wait mechanism inside the .cmd

Post an excerpt of you .cmd file. Perhaps others do have another / better idea.

It works as you have described. Any batch file (.CMD) works in the cmd line of the config.js file as I should have expected (and tried), as long as the start /wait mechanism is used in the batch. Experienced a good install...

Newbie here... :rolleyes:

I install apps from a USB HD. I had to read through all 29 pages to discover that WIN51 needed to be in the application install source path on my HD so %CDROM% would be set correctly. It's counter intuitive to use %CDROM% when you're installing from a HD!

Would this be logical: Stop using the variable %CDROM% and use %SRCROOT% instead. If WIN51 is found on a CD drive, that becomes the source root for installations. If it isn't found, %SRCROOT% should default to the directory from which WPI was started. Also include an option to manually set %SRCROOT% in config.js.

Second "wish" *.bat or *.cmd files started with WPI use C:\ as the working directory. Is it possible to make the default directory the path where the .bat or .cmd file is located? Or perhaps add a switch for setting the "working directory" for a given command?

Thanks for a great, visually attractive app! :thumbup

-SibTiger

Wouldn't it be a great idea to make this one a sticky? Or move it to the Member Contributed Projects?

Started to work with WPI yesterday, but had no chance to try it till now :( But I try to get the most things done today.

cu

FuNKeR

hasi,

i have a problem, with installing installshield .exe's

i create a .iss File with -R first, then drop that in the same folder as the .exe,

and then call up "setup.exe -s"

here are all my installshield apps, which do not get installed:

prog[pn]=['HDD Tool Seagate 4.09.05']
desc[pn]=['Zum Vorbereiten von Seagate HDDs']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\HDDtoolSeagate4.09.05\\Setup.exe -s']
dflt[pn]=['no']
cat[pn]=['System']
pn++

prog[pn]=['HDD Tool Western Digital 11.0']
desc[pn]=['Zum Vorbereiten von WD HDDs']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\HDDtoolWesternDigital11.0\\Setup.exe -s']
cmd2[pn]=['taskkill.exe /F /IM CDEject.exe']
dflt[pn]=['no']
cat[pn]=['System']
pn++

prog[pn]=['Live Update fuer MSI Mainboards']
desc[pn]=['Live Update 3.64']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\MSI_LiveUpdate3.64\\setup.exe -s']
dflt[pn]=['no']
cat[pn]=['System']
pn++

prog[pn]=['Realtek Audio Driver']
desc[pn]=['Treiber fuer Soundkarte von Rodent']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\AudioDriver\\Setup.exe -s']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['System']
pn++

prog[pn]=['WS_FTP Pro 9.01']
desc[pn]=['FTP Client']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\WS_FTPpro9.01\\fo-w901.exe -s']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['System']
pn++

prog[pn]=['Macromedia DreamweaverMX 2004 7.0.1']
desc[pn]=['Web Editor']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\DreamweaverMX2004\\Setup.exe -s -f1\"%CDROM%\\Install\\DreamweaverMX2004\\setup.iss\"']
cmd2[pn]=['xcopy /y /s %cdrom%\\Install\\DreamweaverMX2004\\Anleitungen\*.* "%programfiles%\\Macromedia\\Dreamweaver MX 2004\\Anleitungen\\"']
rega[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\DreamweaverMX2004\\register.reg']
rega[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\DreamweaverMX2004\\dateiendungen.reg']
dflt[pn]=['no']
cat[pn]=['Webdesign']
pn++

prog[pn]=['VIA Hyperion 4in1 4.53']
desc[pn]=['Treiber fuer Mainboard fuer Rodent']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\via4in1_4.53\\Setup.exe -s']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['System']
pn++

prog[pn]=['ULEAD Photo Impact XL 8.5 ESD']
desc[pn]=['Bildbearbeitung']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\PhotoImpactXL8.5\\setup.exe -s']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['Webdesign']
pn++

Dreamweaver is a kind of exception,

as i use the f1 key here,

but anyway, dreamweaver also does not get installed!

i used 2.9.8

i will now try again with new 2.9.8a,

and report if that solved my problem.

thanks

alex