WPI_2.7_Final by the Brain & Gresh

Well the feature request that I have. Is to put in a configuration  to specify the Os this app or Tweak is for. If OS=Win2k for example then install all those items. plus defaults.

@all: Does anyone know, how to get Windows Version through WSH like "ver" in command prompt ? Registry Key ?

Mod would be easy if I had this information.

@a06lp Would this help ?

i feel kinda stupid. yea, that worked.

i dont know why, but before the latest WPI my old code worked, but now it caused a reboot. :blink:

in any case, the new code (below) solved the problem

cmd1[pn]=['systemdrive','install\\Applications\\vegasvideo\\vegas.msi /qn REBOOT=Suppress']

@all: Does anyone know, how to get Windows Version through WSH like "ver" in command prompt ? Registry Key ?

hasi001, I'm not aware of an easy way to get the OS version through a simple script. You can find out if the OS is NT or 9x based through the %OS% system variable (not set in 9x), though, and check the system variable %windir% to determine if the system is Windows NT/2000 or XP, assuming you installed the operating system to the default location ( c:\windows versus c:\winnt).

Djbe...you can do the following..i put all my applications to a folder APPS in my root dvd...when unattendend you call WPI as usual from $OEM$ and choose applications with %CDROM%\\APPS\\......

Then i make an extra folder with WPI in root of DVD and i built an autorun menu than calls %CDROM%\WPI\WPI.hta.Here config.js has the same code like unattended WPI %CDROM%\\APPS\\......

I think i helped you..sorry for my english ..

Thanks Sj410, that's kinda what i needed :P just to know that with %cdrom%, i had to begin from the root of the cd :D

strComputer = "."

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _

& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colOperatingSystems = objWMIService.ExecQuery _

("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem")

For Each objOperatingSystem in colOperatingSystems

Wscript.Echo objOperatingSystem.Caption & " " & _

objOperatingSystem.Version

Next

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcen...n/ostveb01.mspx

@nivek7:

Since the machine can't read your brainwaves yet, you have to do some typing to inform it of the apps you want it to install. Your question indicates you have that information, but in another format. Give an example, be more specific what your needs are. What's the "config format from RunOnceEx" ??

@dhernande:

I saw such a thing once. People told me it wouldn't work on 95, 98, 98se or ME. Since I don't have any of there OSs installed I cannot check that, but perhaps you know it. In the end I'm not sure if the whole WPI thing would work on any of these old OSs.

hmm

silly me, no?

:D

sorry about that one...

anyway,

i ran into a problem...

the last record pn my long list of apps always i listed two times in the WPI screen.

Example:

prog[pn]=['WS_FTP Pro 9.01']
desc[pn]=['FTP Client']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\WS_FTPpro9.01\\fo-w901.exe -s']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['System']
pn++

makes WS_FTP be listed in "Systems group besides other Programs in Systen Group,

and creates a second "System" Group at the end, only containing WS_FTP...

any idea?

thanks

alex

hasi001

I wasnt to concerned about the following operating systems

more along the lines of XP,2003,2000pro,2000 Server

this is more for Registry keys and for server apps

Some of the registry hacks I have wont appy to XP but they will apply in server

sorting is true,

will try it again with set to false,

but in advance you get my config.js with pm

another question:

how do i setup WPI,

if i want to execute WPI installing Software from C:\Install on a virtual machine,

if variables are set to %cdrom%

Would be the win51 file on C:\ enough,

to get WPI take the %cdrom% as C:\ ?

thanks

alex

dhernande: so we're going to speak of the 'modern' operating systems XP Pro, XP Home, 2003 Server, 2K Pro, 2k Server - am I wrong ?

If you look at the registry keys in HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion what's the differences that decide if its a server-version or not. I only have XP Pro, where ProductName="Microsoft Windows XP" and CurrentVersion="5.1"

I know 5.1 stands for XP, 5.0 for 2k and 4.0 for NT, but what differs 2k from 2k Server and what's the values for 2k3 ?