WPI_2.7_Final by the Brain & Gresh

install.cmd should be called fom within winnt.sif so that it runs on first logon

it should then call the wpi via:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\WPI\wpi.hta

Got it ?

dunno 'bout miktex

@others: I posted a slightly modified version of my WPI. look on previous page.

install.cmd should be called fom within winnt.sif so that it runs on first logon

it should then call the wpi via:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\WPI\wpi.hta

Got it ?

dunno 'bout miktex

thx you.. it is great.. :thumbup .

miktex..latex (www.miktex.org).. i have change the config.js for my fovourite progs there for mitex will be include.. :D:thumbup

Done it. :whistle:

2.7 with:

unlimited apps

constraints see this thread for explanations

no renumbering

tooltips

defaults checked

countdown to install

some ui-changes (2 colums if >640x480 , then page scrolling)

New version posted

ui-chages: 3cols in 1024, 2cols in 800, 1col in 640 mode

i think you must create a new topic :D

---

New version posted

ui-chages: 3cols in 1024, 2cols in 800, 1col in 640 mode

Hmm..

First of all, you may want to delete/edit out your resolution testing, because otherwise people have "Program 1....Program 198" all over their screens. :)

Second, I'm not so sure I like the way this is set up... I think it should ONLY use cols 2 and 3 (in 1024) IF, and only if, column 1 is already filled. Otherwise there is too much blank space between the checkboxes (I have 32 programs).

oops - forgot that.

i see your point. i could fix that thing with the checkboxes' distances (set the height to 1%).

Another problem is, that tey are filled first right then down, which messes up the visual order some would like to have. I myself am not very happy with that.

I'll fix the probs as soon as I have time...

Thanks for submitting your opinions.

Attached my former version ....

ZIP removed.

nemesis' idea aint too bad either. maybe have an option "selectable" which can be set to "no", and then there is no checkbox. then, for that prog, we can write anything in HTML to use as a divider type of thing.

also, could you please number your releases, so we can easily differentiate? thanks.

I myself thought about introducing a tabbed layout. But fiddling around a bit showed me, that the tabs look empty if you do not have many apps to install - so forget that.

The thing with a category system is that: Let's say we introduce a new variable cat[xx]=['Something'] in config.js - then you'd probably have to sort your entries in config.js according to the categories, unless someone provides a more complex boxes-generation script, or you switch to coolsights version 3.1

I see that you sort the entries even now - so making a change to the current script wouldn't be too complicated. Perhaps i can spend some time on it the next few days.

Hey, why don't you provide a hardcoded GUI-prototype how the GUI should look like ?

Check back.

ATTENTION ! There's a bug in the 2.8 download.

Installation won't start. I replaced the version in the post above.

So it's 2.8.1.

Sorry guys - hope you didn't already burn your CDs.

I switched back to the 2 column version. 3 cols isn't anymore with categories introduced. Sorry.