WPI_2.7_Final by the Brain & Gresh

Hey, I have a feature request:

I'm using WinPE to software scores of systems and am now using WPI to setup optional software that the customer can purchase (things like PowerDVD, Nero, etc.) After softwaring a machine, Windows is setup to launch programs one after the other in a order I specify. I have WPI set to launch first then a script that automatically detects the hardware in your machine and install whatever software you need accordingly. The problem I have is that after I click "Begin Installation" and WPI terminates, the automatic hardware install script starts concurrently with the WPI software. The reason it does so is because WPI terminates.

So... What I'm looking for can really be solved by some batch file writers that are more clever than me (extremely likely ;)) or for WPI to change it's behaviour to terminate once the install is finished.

How hard could either be?

For a batch file script, it will need to watch RunOnceEx key to make sure it's empty before continuing the hardware install.

Can anyone help me with this, or can WPI be setup to terminate once all the selected installs complete?

I have a similar problem, only mine is with my cleanup.cmd file.

Cleanup.cmd kept running during WPI, and I have no way of forcing it to wait until WPI is DONE, since WPI closes after clicking "Begin Installation", and then RunOnceEx takes over (I think?).

Any suggestions, programmers?

@a06lp:

Start your cleanup.cmd file from prog[48] in your config.js file.

@Metzen:

You can comment out the socond last line in the generate.js file. This way wpi will close, but not start installing right away.

Launch the code below in a cmd file later when you want the runonceex to start installing the selected applications.

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

If you havent started the runonceex process with the code abowe, the runonceex process will automaticly start after a reboot, just before the desktop is loaded.

@a06lp:

Start your cleanup.cmd file from prog[48]in your config.js file.

That is my current solution, but not the best one.

I don't want Cleanup to even be seen by the front-end user. Much in the same way that they don't see the $OEM$ folders get copied, I want cleanup to run silently when everything else is done.

But, I guess this method is ok... (I can, at least, FORCE the option)

@Metzen:

You can comment out the socond last line in the generate.js file. This way wpi will close, but not start installing right  away.

Launch the code below in a cmd file later when you want the runonceex to start installing the selected applications.

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

If you havent started the runonceex process with the code abowe, the runonceex process will automaticly start after a reboot, just before the desktop is loaded.

Wow... Thanks, worked like a charm ;)

Very Very Very Nice.. Dudes.

I got the program... 2.7 .. But please help me out here. I see there is also a WPI 3.0 Beta version out. Is this from the same dudes setting up 2.7..

Sorry but I am a bit confused because the name is the same but the ppl posting it is different... Must I now use 2.7 or 3.0.. I surely like the 2.7 so far for what I have looked through

Very Very Very Nice.. Dudes.

I got the program... 2.7 .. But please help me out here. I see there is also a WPI 3.0 Beta version out. Is this from the same dudes setting up 2.7..

Sorry but I am a bit confused because the name is the same but the ppl posting it is different... Must I now use 2.7 or 3.0.. I surely like the 2.7 so far for what I have looked through

I'm pretty sure they are very different versions...

3.0 Beta is totally different, it no longer even looks the same as this WPI.

I like this one much more. A lot simpler, faster, and easier to use overall

hoverhead

WPI 2.7 is by bishooman and gresh and we didnt relesed our 3.0 version yet we are working on that

WPI 3.0 beta it is by coolsights2000 he did a very nice job but i think it is complicted

for all

we are thinking to make many changes in our version 3.0 we will make WPI easier to use with completly new interface and all the opption that any body needs

so plz keep working in our version 2.7 and tell us what need to improve

thank you all

hoverhead

WPI 2.7 is by bishooman and gresh and we didnt relesed our 3.0 version yet we are working on that

WPI 3.0 beta it is by coolsights2000 he did a very nice job but i think it is complicted

for all

we are thinking to make many changes in our version 3.0 we will make WPI easier to use with completly new interface and all the opption that any body needs

so plz keep working in our version 2.7 and tell us what need to improve

thank you all

please be careful how much you change...

the coolsights 3.0beta is largely complicated, and therefore i dont use it (not that it doesnt have its uses...its just that mine are geared toward simple).

also, remember that a LOT of us spend LARGE amounts of time coding our WPI's correctly with all the extra slashes, and quotes, and whatnots. Therefore it would be appreciated if our current code would still work on the newer versions. :)

also, remember that a LOT of us spend LARGE amounts of time coding our WPI's correctly with all the extra slashes, and quotes, and whatnots.  Therefore it would be appreciated if our current code would still work on the newer versions.  :)

This is why I put in my read me to use a cmd file to run the installations programs....

Less headaches

once you proof out the installtion folder all you need to do is link to the CMD in the folder...

hi all,

is the registry files support working properly ? :}

coz i think none of my .reg fille are install ,don't know why..

for exemple :

prog[16]=['Sygate Personal Firewall']

desc[16]=['']

regb[16]=['cdrom','APPLICATIONS\\Sygate\\reg.reg']

cmd1[16]=['cdrom','APPLICATIONS\\Sygate\\pspf.msi /qn REBOOT=Suppress']

cmd2[16]=['','']

cmd3[16]=['','']

rega[16]=['','']

dflt[16]=['no']

prog[18]=['Windows Tweaks']

desc[18]=['']

regb[18]=['cdrom','APPLICATIONS\\Tweak\\Tweak.reg']

cmd1[18]=['','']

cmd2[18]=['','']

cmd3[18]=['','']

rega[18]=['','']

dflt[18]=['yes']

files are in :C:\XPCD\APPLICATIONS\

and all soft are installing without any pbs

TIA

yes it is working

in your exmple it will not work !!

try to edit the command lins to this if you want to test it from hard drive

prog[16]=['Sygate Personal Firewall']

desc[16]=['']

regb[16]=['systemdrive','XPCD\\APPLICATIONS\\Sygate\\reg.reg']

cmd1[16]=['systemdrive','XPCD\\APPLICATIONS\\Sygate\\pspf.msi /qn REBOOT=Suppress']

cmd2[16]=['','']

cmd3[16]=['','']

rega[16]=['','']

dflt[16]=['no']

but if you are going to burn to a cd or dvd you command line are ok and it should work.