Complete Beginners Guide to nLite Unattended CD's

DigitalAZ

Hello nlite pros, I have been using nlite for quite a while now. However, I have always avoided using the RunOnce feature in the Unattended portion. My problem is how to use it to install RogueSpear's dotnet 3 switchless silent installer on first boot. I can't seem to find any info about this nlite feature.

I tested RunOnce by placing this line in the Command to add Box... %SOURCE%\RUNONCE\RogueSpear_dotNET30_Lite.exe. But it just pops out a DOS window on first boot. I know I'm doing something wrong.

Please can anybody teach me how to use the RunOnce feature in nlite.

Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...

Hi In my nLite, when add driver show me a error message "Cant acces to registry..." but add it; and when click in the create iso buton it do nothing, in the status apear: Preparing 1.244/1.244 ; nd my pc start work very slowly. Yesterday I let it by all night, in the morning it is same case :wacko: what hapen

Someaone Helpme please

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Unattended page;

1. Under the User tab/Options box/Active checkbox, what is this for?

2. Under the User tab/Password box/Blank password checkbox, if this is checked will the system boot without the login page (using the classic version) and you will have the ability to add a password later?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, this is my first post here, so don't flame me too much :rolleyes:

My XP Pro x64 Edition CD already has service pack 1 on it, so will I still be able to use nLite to slipstream service pack 2 and make a new CD ?

Also I'm on a dual boot rig, C: is windows XP Pro SP2 32 bit, and D: is XP Pro x64. I'll be working with nLite from my D drive (XP Pro x64 install) and wondered if the drive letter D: will cause me any grief ? I'm asking because I noticed nLite wants to use the default C: drive for processing the files.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

As a 'new user' of nLite myself, I have taken the time to read ALL of the pages of this 'Complete Beginners Guide to nLite Unattended CD's' and have certainly learned a lot.

Perhaps this is presumptious of me but I would like to remind some of the more experienced people posting replies here that this IS a 'Beginners Guide' - not a thread for people who can be expected to know all that there is to know about how to use the search functions or exactly which thread they should be in to ask their questions.

I do understand that being asked the same question(s) time and again must be frustrating but some patience with 'newbies' might go a long way in encouraging them to continue their exploration of (and perhaps even their use of) this terrific tool.

In one of the posts there is mention of the importance of people understanding that this is not a tool for the integration of applications. I agree that that information could perhaps be 'bumped' higher in the reading order given it's relevance to many 'newbie' questions.

I know I still have questions about the use of this tool which I am now reluctant to ask in fear of being thought a fool.

This thread is named 'Complete Beginners Guide to nLite Unattended CD's' and yet the 'guide' is nowhere to be found. I imagine it is available from some other thread or link (or at least I hope it is) but is it unreasonable to expect to find it here?

Instead of finding the guide, I imagine I will receive yet another lecture on 'use the search function'.

Just a few thoughts shared by a 'newbie'.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

As a 'new user' of nLite myself, I have taken the time to read ALL of the pages of this 'Complete Beginners Guide to nLite Unattended CD's' and have certainly learned a lot.

Perhaps this is presumptious of me but I would like to remind some of the more experienced people posting replies here that this IS a 'Beginners Guide' - not a thread for people who can be expected to know all that there is to know about how to use the search functions or exactly which thread they should be in to ask their questions.

I do understand that being asked the same question(s) time and again must be frustrating but some patience with 'newbies' might go a long way in encouraging them to continue their exploration of (and perhaps even their use of) this terrific tool.

In one of the posts there is mention of the importance of people understanding that this is not a tool for the integration of applications. I agree that that information could perhaps be 'bumped' higher in the reading order given it's relevance to many 'newbie' questions.

I know I still have questions about the use of this tool which I am now reluctant to ask in fear of being thought a fool.

This thread is named 'Complete Beginners Guide to nLite Unattended CD's' and yet the 'guide' is nowhere to be found. I imagine it is available from some other thread or link (or at least I hope it is) but is it unreasonable to expect to find it here?

Instead of finding the guide, I imagine I will receive yet another lecture on 'use the search function'.

Just a few thoughts shared by a 'newbie'.

Guides i've found is at http://www.nliteos.com/guide/

Unfortunately it is for version 1.0 RC5 but it's a start-

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/

One above is very good.

just have to read alot of posts and compile your own notes if your doing more than slipstreaming XP2 and adding updates.

I am also a newbie here- a few years ago i couldn't find "any key" but went on to build my own system -better to be thought a fool than not ask questions.

Edited by 1abnerd

• 3 weeks later...