Complete Beginners Guide to nLite Unattended CD's

DigitalAZ

I've got a couple of simple queries that although I think I might know the answer to, I cant be completely sure from reading everything. I basically just want to integrate a few windows critical updates and a few program add ons.

I have all the add ons in one seperate folder, and hotfixes in another seperate folder. Do I keep these seperate from the XP installation files folder, and NLite integrates them in? Or do I move one or both of these into the add ons folder, or elsewhere within the installation files folder? Not 100% and would just like a quick response to be reassured. Thanks.

Edited by diddykong

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oldpyramids

Dear Guys:

I'm new to using nLite

I've tried many times to ceat an .iso file but it failed to do the job

can some one help me with an issue:

I only need some things from windows componots:

fax services, using azureus torrent client, using symantec antivirus, browsing internet free, and do not block or close any port.

can some expert of you guys tell me what to remove and what to keep?

thanks

can some one help me with an issue:

I only need some things from windows componots:

fax services, using azureus torrent client, using symantec antivirus, browsing internet free, and do not block or close any port.

can some expert of you guys tell me what to remove and what to keep?

Try this for starters :

http://www.dead-eye.net/WinXP%20Services.htm

Edited by jman037

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, thx for the guide, and excellent program. I had a few questions.

I did the unattended setup, with the default unattended option. (not completely unattended, but the hide or whatever)

I was told about this program to integrate the required nforce drivers to set up raid. Will this unatended setup stop me from doing this whatso ever? (I saw no options for a raid setup)

Also, I planned on partitioning my HD. Will the unatended setup stop me from doing this?

THX guys.

I was told about this program to integrate the required nforce drivers to set up raid. Will this unatended setup stop me from doing this whatso ever? (I saw no options for a raid setup)

Also, I planned on partitioning my HD. Will the unatended setup stop me from doing this?

1. You can create a bootable "unattended install" XP CD with integrated nForce SataRaid or Pata(=IDE-)Raid drivers by using nLite, but you cannot create a Raid array by using a tool like nLite. Before you can install an OS onto a Raid array you have to create the array by activating Raid within BIOS and using a special NVIDIA Raid utility (F10 or similar).

2. It is no problem to create a new partition with an nLited CD during XP setup, even if you have chosen "fullunattended" install. Shortly after the beginning of the install you will be asked where you want to install XP or if you want to create a new partition.

CU

Fernando

I cannot get the Office 2003 to send/receive, I know it has something to do with the outlook express not being installed, Is there a workaround to just fix this, I cannot seem to find a way to install outlook express, I figured maybe throwing some .dll files somewhere would do the trick? I have wasted 5 hours so far trying to figure this out, seems hopeless. I tried installing a redistributable IE6 file but it won't let me.

I am having problems with getting new codecs to work, I got this error while playing an audio file that worked on my previous install of XP. I will post an error log of media player classic, see if you can figure this one out.

D:\Disturbed Discography\2003 - Disturbed - Believe - 192\Disturbed - Believe - 02 - Liberate.mp3::Output

Media Type 0:

--------------------------

AM_MEDIA_TYPE: (Unknown)

majortype: MEDIATYPE_Stream {E436EB83-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}

subtype: MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG1Audio {E436EB87-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}

formattype: TIME_FORMAT_NONE {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

bFixedSizeSamples: 1

bTemporalCompression: 0

lSampleSize: 1

cbFormat: 0

Media Type 1:

--------------------------