Complete Beginners Guide to nLite Unattended CD's

DigitalAZ

2 comments

XP Home...

VMware Workstation

I don't have a copy of XP Home but if someone would like to follow the guide using XP Home and report the changes I will add it to this document.

VMWare I do have and did plan to add information regarding this application.

and Drivers Integration?

hu, just a Joke, including Drivers Integration would firstly double the size of the guide (How to fix all the bugs ^^) and secondly it will be changed in next version and you will have to do it again ^^

and Drivers Integration?

hu, just a Joke, including Drivers Integration would firstly double the size of the guide (How to fix all the bugs ^^) and secondly it will be changed in next version and you will have to do it again ^^

I actually plan to include some driver intergration information but I also know nuhi has hinted at a version with driver intergration changes. So we shall see :whistle:

hmm, also put in links for servicepack 1a

because there are a lot of people with problems with sp2

and there's a big huge memory problem

I have 380mb of memory, so the amount of free space is of the upmost importance...

nLite installed

slipstreamed sp1a

dumped the s*** I didnt want

driver install

120mb in memory when windows boots

nlite installed

slipstreamed sp2

dumped the same s*** I didnt want + no firewall sp2 + security center gone

driver install

160mb in memory when windows boots :|

i'm quite a pro in nLite installs, tweaks and repairing pc's but it seemed all services took a lil more memory, explorer took A LOT more memory

so for people who want to use nlite because in the end the system requirements would be less high... take sp1a + hotfixes instead of sp2

just an idea ;)

DigitalAZ, very thoroughly written, good job!

Fridge, interesting observations there. I haven't directly compared SP1/SP2 installations, but on a recent stripped-down XP-SP2 installation in VPC, I recall the memory usage in TaskManager was under 50mb or so; this was pretty heavily tweaked however, with the majority of unrequired services set to 'Manual'.

I'm sure Jeremy will chime in on this topic too, athough I gather we're not supposed to add post off-topic replies...whoops!

Cheers,

James