Google - Something Wierd?

HudsonManx

This gets even more interesting, if I goto Google using the ip address the page displays perfectly without any problems.

But if I goto the site using www.google.com or co.uk I get the wierd graphics. This is what google.com looks like this morning for me.

Image1.jpg

I will let you know what Google say when they get back to me.

Thanks,

HM

google has many many servers, huge rooms with hundereds in them, you may go to google.com but if traffic is busy it might really be a machine in france thats delivering the web page to you.

thats why some people will see it and other not i guess.

I don't get anything strange but what I am getting is long delays or no page loading at all when I type in the google address. It has been happening on and off for days...I have had to go to altavista and other search engines. :-(

Rick

Just got this from Google, so my problem is explained!

=======================================

Thanks for your email about the flag appearing on our home page. We have investigated your report and believe the problem lies with a corrupted version of the google.co.uk homepage being served by your internet service provider NTL. ISPs often store (cache) versions of popular websites that their users frequently visit. They serve this locally stored copy of the page to save time for users.

We are working with NTL to solve this problem. In the meantime, the appearance of the home page should not interfere with your ability to search on Google. Please do let us know if your Internet Service Provider is not NTL.

Regards,

The Google Team