Registry Tweaks

but since I don't have a clue how to call that zoneinformation stuff I also don't know where to search. Offcourse it's your first search result with google since you know with what words you should search with and I don't

DigitalAZ, I'm well aware of these things but since you could have read I didn't know anything about this matter. So, how could have known I had to search with +CheckExeSignatures +RunInvalidSignatures? I knew I had a problem but I didn't know what the problem exactually was or how I it is called! Comeon is it that difficult to understand?

No need for attitude I was trying to be helpful. I spoke directly to you but it was also for the benefit of others.

Cheers to you glent :D

The updated tweaks is now attached at the first page. Thanks a lot for the effort!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Everybody else, scram and check out that new reg file! As always, remember that you should never directly apply this .REG, its only for reference.

Thanking everyone for the great tweaks!!!! I have one question if someone could provide some info. I am trying to change the default wallpaper using the tweak under Visual Settings:

;----- Change the Default Wallpaper to the one you want

;-----

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]

"BackupWallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\\wallpaper\\custom.bmp"

"Wallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\\wallpaper\\custom.bmp

I have tried to change custom.bmp to any of the other wallpapers in the folder but I notice except for "Bliss" they are all jpg images. I have entered such as "Stonehenge.jpg", but running the tweak the wallpaper does not change, even after a reboot. What am I missing?? I am trying to complete my UA CD and would like to have my own wallpaper setup by the end of XP install. Thank you.

Cheers to you glent :D

The updated tweaks is now attached at the first page.  Thanks a lot for the effort!

Still is the old Oct 10, 2004 one. :o

oh the second post lol

i'm blind some times..

maybe should make first post new one

and second post old one instead

just a thought

who cares about Number of downloads :P

Hi guys,

I like to ask..

1) How do I apply registry setting to all User when running unattended xp setup?

2) What the different between HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_USER? Something weird happening to me. The first time I made my unattended XP I succesful change My Documents, My Music, My Pictures and My Video default folder using registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER segment.

BUT...

The next Unattended XPI made I cannot apply those registry entry I succesfull use before. In this Xp I need to use Registry entries under the HKEY_USER. For your information both XP have only one account.

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN??

Have a wrong regtweak!

;----- Adds My Network Places to MY Computer
;-----  
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\
{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}]

(in 2 lines to maintain the structure of this website)

It does add "My Network Places" to My Computer, but when I go to My Computer, and double click the "My Network Places" icon, I dont get my network places!!

I get "Search for Computers" instead!

heres one of my tweaks.. havent seen this on ur list :whistle:

;Removes "Map Network Drive" & "Manage" from My Computer context menu
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoNetConnectDisconnect"=dword:00000001
"NoManageMyComputerVerb"=dword:00000001

Have a wrong regtweak!

CODE;----- Adds My Network Places to MY Computer

;-----

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\

{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}]

(in 2 lines to maintain the structure of this website)

It does add "My Network Places" to My Computer, but when I go to My Computer, and double click the "My Network Places" icon, I dont get my network places!!

I get "Search for Computers" instead

True, this happens with me as well.

Any Fix?

Thanks for updating the tweaks.

Would it be possible to include better instructions for the Visual Effects Settings?

When I first made my unattended cd I spent hours trying to get the visual effects to work (as have many others). The tweaks in the original file (and now the latest updated file) don't work for me and others. In the post where I originally brought up the issue I attached a file which describes the only way I was able to get the settings to work and I think my instructions are pretty clear. Should be pretty easy to copy and paste the instructions.

I also think a general note that some tweaks will need to be applied at the T-12 stage and to refer to unattended.msfn.org for more info would be useful.