Registry Tweaks

Starting to get annorying that people are not viewing the very first post. And not reading the darn reg file. :(

Anyways, CoRoNe I believe u need all of them.

CheckExeSignatures and RunInvalidSignatures disable "The publisher could not be verified" prompts when running downloaded files. When a user downloads a file from the Internet, Windows automatically marks the file attachment with its zone information (such as Restricted, local, internet..) Based on file's zone information Windows assignes a proper risk level (High, Moderate, or Low) To disable this feature SaveZoneInformation is set to 1. Files listed in LowRiskFileTypes are not blocked by Windows and a security message is never displayed. If LowRiskFileTypes is not configured, downloads that were made before SaveZoneInformation was set to 1, will still display Warning message.

When HideZoneInfoOnProperties is set to 1, the "Unblock" button in file's properties, allowing user to remove zone infomation manually, is not displayed.

And thats what you asked for. :)

BTW next time search google. It is the very first result.

prathapml do you still intend to update the reg file? if not I will take on the challanege ;)

Its a dreary, page-flipping, eye-tiring, time-intensive, notepad-thumping challenge. ;) The last time, it took atleast an entire day here.....

If you're still volunteering for it, you're welcome! Just need to see to it that nothing's missed out, that no errors are present, and that its sorted to some extent, that's all.

I do intend to add in all these cool tweaks you all are contributing, but just can't find the time. :( If you'd like to do it instead, that's great and credit will be mentioned in your name.... While submitting, please mention uptil which post number you have covered. Good luck!

Starting to get annorying that people are not viewing the very first post. And not reading the darn reg file.

Anyways, CoRoNe I believe u need all of them.

CheckExeSignatures and RunInvalidSignatures disable "The publisher could not be verified" prompts when running downloaded files. When a user downloads a file from the Internet, Windows automatically marks the file attachment with its zone information (such as Restricted, local, internet..) Based on file's zone information Windows assignes a proper risk level (High, Moderate, or Low) To disable this feature SaveZoneInformation is set to 1. Files listed in LowRiskFileTypes are not blocked by Windows and a security message is never displayed. If LowRiskFileTypes is not configured, downloads that were made before SaveZoneInformation was set to 1, will still display Warning message.

When HideZoneInfoOnProperties is set to 1, the "Unblock" button in file's properties, allowing user to remove zone infomation manually, is not displayed.

And thats what you asked for.

BTW next time search google. It is the very first result.

First of all this kinda information is really valuable to me, thank you :)

But I did read the regfile posted in the on the first page, but since I don't have a clue how to call that zoneinformation stuff I also don't know where to search. Offcourse it's your first search result with google since you know with what words you should search with and I don't. I guess that's the reason these forums are here ;) It's kinda hard searching if you don't know what to search for...

anyway, thx again for this valuable information :thumbup

Yeap no problem.

Just search for keywords. ;)

Like CheckExeSignatures. First results. Matter of fact in this very topic. lol So its been anwserd in this topic like five times now. lol

Well your welcome. You should read up on search engines if you want to know what to search for. ;)

But yeah I understand that. Happens to all of us. Jus glad I could help and yes these forums rock!!

:thumbup

Hi Men,

i have made unattended installation of windows xp and some programs.

i hae put these lines in my registry tweaks to disable the ballontips of messenger 7 beta.

;------------------[ Remove Sign up with Passport Wizard when trying to sign in MSN Messenger ]----------------------------------------------

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Passport]

"RegistrationCompleted"=dword:00000001

;----------------------------[ Stop MSN Messenger from Running on Windows Startup ]-------------------------------------------------------------

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger]

"AppSettings"=hex:02,06,02,00

"DSBkgndMode"=hex:01,00,00,00

The problem, it appears again a ballont tip which tell me:

"add your acount .net passport to windows xp"

I dont know how to disable it?

thanks

@Major, that is user account dependant

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\SQM]
"OptInRefCount"=dword:00000000
"randomstrings"=dword:ffffffff

"randomstrings" will be a ten numbers string dependant on your account so log-in first and then export the key

I also don't know where to search. Offcourse it's your first search result with google since you know with what words you should search with and I don't. I guess that's the reason these forums are here ;) It's kinda hard searching if you don't know what to search for...

As it states in stickied Welcome to the forum!, Please read me before posting! thread you can search using the + and -minus modifiers. So searching for +CheckExeSignatures +RunInvalidSignatures would have returned all post with both those words in it. The search here is really powerful just have to understand how to use. + makes it a mandatory search keyword while - ignores that keyword. Also make sure you are using the board search and not the integrated google search. Well at least try the board search first as the tips above apply to the board search

Good luck.

UPDATE 16/03/05

:hello:Phew Im finally done.The reg file is now completely updated. Corrections from Page 27 to 71 have been made. Enjoy :D

Could a mod pin the rar to the first page

EDIT: Please click my signature for the latest version 2/4/05

but since I don't have a clue how to call that zoneinformation stuff I also don't know where to search. Offcourse it's your first search result with google since you know with what words you should search with and I don't

DigitalAZ, I'm well aware of these things but since you could have read I didn't know anything about this matter. So, how could have known I had to search with +CheckExeSignatures +RunInvalidSignatures? I knew I had a problem but I didn't know what the problem exactually was or how I it is called! Comeon is it that difficult to understand?