Registry Tweaks

there is another one that is super annoying...hopefully someone knows what tweak it is, but when I type an address in IE, Ctrl+Enter does not autocomplete the address...like normally when you type yahoo and hit Ctrl+Enter, it puts http://www.yahoo.com...so hopefully someone can tell me what is causing that.

Auto complete maybe?

I just noticed that too. Totally forgot about it.

Anyone haveing the **** explorer refresh bug?

Some tweak here is causing it.

This does not work either or any thing close to it:

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/628/

You know like for example if u delete a file and it goes to the receycle bin, well explorer should refresh automatticly so the icon changes to the full and then when you delte it goes back to empty icon of course. Well this is not happening since its not refreshing. And its very very annorying since its not just the recycle bin. Thats just an example.

Thanks for any help,

Will

Well its a current user tweak I know that much.

Since I have all my tweaks setup for local machine and current user in different files and does not happen until I apply current user tweaks.

Hi,

Had made an nLited Cd wherein Windows Messenger was shown the exit. Upon completion of the XP install, I installed msn 6.2 manually.

Now, When trying to save my signin name "name@hotmail.com" and password, I get a balloon asking me to use the format "name\domain.com" and a couple of choices. It does not allow me to save the name@hotmail.com. Infact, if the "Remember" box is checked, it does not login at all and shows the earlier said balloon. Uncheck it and the sign in goes smoothly.

Did I disable some service that was suppossed to be automatic?

Really will appreciate help from you folks!

Cheers

O I found a regtweak in the firstpost file, was searching sooo long for this, but it doesn't seem to have any effect! :(

;List-view in Explorer

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams]

"Settings"=hex:09,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,e0,a5,1f,0e,73,35,cf,11,ae,\

69,08,00,2b,2e,12,62,04,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,43,00,00,00

Hi there, been away for a while. Just finished reading the pages since my last visit, 'bout 30 pages :wacko: , anyway I see there are some new things here which I'm gonna try out. For the record, two months ago thanks to y'all I've created a perfectly working unattended installation DVD with a lot of good registry tweaks :thumbup . These tweaks have been installed on three PC's already :D .

Anyway there's one thing that bothers me and perhaps this is totally normal, but after Windows has finshed booting where it normally says 'Welcome' I always see this: "Your personal settings are being loaded."

This usually takes something like five seconds which is a bit annoying. I guess this is because of all the registry tweaks I have added, but does anyone know if it is something in perticular that causes this slowdown?

i tried to apply your registry tweak in my system BUT the "wall paper" thing doesn't work.

i basically want windows xp.jpg as a default in computer background in a "stretch" position.

i tried to change "custom.bmp" to "windows xp.jpg" in c:\windows\web\wallpaper BUT nothing works.

have any ideas how to fix this problem. or another way of exporting my current registry and import it later on?

thanks

where it normally says 'Welcome' I always see this: "Your personal settings are being loaded."

This usually takes something like five seconds which is a bit annoying.

Well, that's totally normal.

At first boot, that little bit of extra time taken to login does happen for everybody. Only difference is that if you had some regtweaks added during cmdlines, the login will take a couple of seconds longer (only the *FIRST* time) because it is creating the registry and executing as per what it says, etc.

What I've see is that with no regtweaks used, it takes approx 10 seconds at first login.

With regtweaks used, it takes 12 seconds approx.

Considering that regtweaks save a lot of mouse-cursor time :lol:, its not a problem at all.

Well, that's totally normal.

At first boot, that little bit of extra time taken to login does happen for everybody. Only difference is that if you had some regtweaks added during cmdlines, the login will take a couple of seconds longer (only the *FIRST* time) because it is creating the registry and executing as per what it says, etc.

What I've see is that with no regtweaks used, it takes approx 10 seconds at first login.

With regtweaks used, it takes 12 seconds approx.

Considering that regtweaks save a lot of mouse-cursor time :lol:, its not a problem at all.

:lol: Yeah well the only regtweaks I run via cmdlines (besides the XPlode installation) is your excellent way for enabling the 'quick launch' bar and adding the users to the admins.

For me with all the regtweaks applied it takes about five seconds longer than w/o tweaks. And this is also on every regular boot, not only after the Windows installation.

BTW and IIRC in SP2 the welcome screen has been replaced by this loading screen which by itself takes longer to load then before so I think Windows itself boots a bit slower.

i tried to apply your registry tweak in my system BUT the "wall paper" thing doesn't work.

i basically want windows xp.jpg as a default in computer background in a "stretch" position.

i tried to change "custom.bmp" to "windows xp.jpg" in c:\windows\web\wallpaper BUT nothing works.

have any ideas how to fix this problem. or another way of exporting my current registry and import it later on?

thanks

Like this:

;Wallpaper Setup
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"TileWallpaper"="0"
"Wallpaper"="%systemroot%\\Web\\Wallpaper\\Wallpaper.bmp"
"WallpaperStyle"="3"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"TileWallpaper"="0"
"Wallpaper"="%systemroot%\\Web\\Wallpaper\\Wallpaper.bmp"
"WallpaperStyle"="3"

;Active Desktop Safe Mode Wallpaper
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\SafeMode\General]
"Wallpaper"=hex(2):25,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,72,00,6f,00,6f,00,\
 74,00,25,00,5c,00,5c,00,57,00,65,00,62,00,5c,00,5c,00,57,00,61,00,6c,00,6c,\
 00,70,00,61,00,70,00,65,00,72,00,5c,00,5c,00,57,00,61,00,6c,00,6c,00,70,00,\
 61,00,70,00,65,00,72,00,2e,00,62,00,6d,00,70,00,00,00