Direct X Idea

Dessip

Hey i know that i am a newbi, but its just a idea that i had, well each version of windows has direct x installed when u install it, like windows 98 SE has direct X 4 installed when u 1st installed it, well is there anyway of slipstreaming direct x 9B in to windows xp sp2, so that it removes the preiouse direct x that is on the disk? So that would mean that you dont have to version of diret X on the disk, and also it means that you not have to spend time installing the newer version of direct X.

It sounds that wacky it might just work LOL

Maybe with some reseach on this forum, you could manage to slipstream DirectX 9b into XP SP2... But that would be a lot of work to finally obtain an older version : don't you know that slipstreaming SP2 also updates directX to version 9.0c ;)

Edit : too late...

Hey i know that i am a newbi, but its just a idea that i had, well each version of windows has direct x installed when u install it, like windows 98 SE has direct X 4 installed when u 1st installed it, well is there anyway of slipstreaming direct x 9B in to windows xp sp2, so that it removes the preiouse direct x that is on the disk? So that would mean that you dont have to version of diret X on the disk, and also it means that you not have to spend time installing the newer version of direct X.

It sounds that wacky it might just work LOL

Did you check the version of directX after you installed SP2?? Why would someone go about installing Directx 9.0b when 9.0c is already included with SP2? :blink:

Hey, Yeh i didnt know that directx 9c was included with SP2, but i wanna continue with this idea any way, as i was thinking that when they relese directx 9d or what ever it is going to be, is there any way in doing what i was saying

He's asking to slipstream directx9.0b (better get c now) into Windows 98
well is there anyway of slipstreaming direct x 9B in to windows xp sp2, so that it removes the preiouse direct x that is on the disk?

Read again!

doh!!!

it'sbeen a long day today :blushing:

Hey, Yeh i didnt know that directx 9c was included with SP2, but i wanna continue with this idea any way, as i was thinking that when they relese directx 9d or what ever it is going to be, is there any way in doing what i was saying

Its already been done before. Search the forums for DirectX related posts.

specifically by jdeboeck or something like that.

As for doing it for other OSs like 98, the next version isn't likely to even be INSTALLABLE on 98. Plus everything is in those cab files.

2000 , perhaps, might be the same as XP's.

2003 might be the same.