Widcomm Bluetooth stack

cfeedback

What are the chances of my being able to integrate this into my XP install? Having all sorts of problems getting it to play nice with SP2. My logitech bluetooth mouse/keyboard combo works with the SP2 drivers but I lose out on some of the features. Oh, and for some reason the SetPoint drivers won't install unattended unless the widcomm stack is installed first. I can install the stack after windows is up and running but it doesn't recognize the bluetooth USB hub like it did before.

The method I'm trying now is to use nLite to remove the XP Bluetooth drivers, then I picked it to add the widcomm INF file. I'll be amazed if it works the first time. Other ideas I had were to include the widcomm files in either I386\$OEM$\... or in the regular $OEM$\$\Driver\ directory. I'm not sure they'll install without the setup.exe there's like 74 files with the installer.

Also, if I wanted to remove the Bluetooth support from my XPCD manually, any idea which files they are? I know about the bth.inf (bth.in_) file - would removing that be enough?

Thanks for any ideas!

i use nlite so for me (using a conceptronic usb bluetooth devide), the best solution it's to remove the native sp2 bluetooth support with nlite, then i'm able to install it without issuess. the only problem i have it's that i can't do it unattended :}

the only problem i have it's that i can't do it unattended :}

doesn't that defeat the purpose of an unattended installation? :P also, without the SP2 bluetooth support I'm guessing my mouse/keyboard won't work until the Widcomm stack is installed, which will basically be a pain in the butt as I'll have to connect a regular ps/2 set.

Don't tell me that's the most elegant solution possible...there's too many smart people that read these forums!

On the nLite method I tried before, when I got the graphical windows installer services.exe could not find MSVCP60.dll. I'll have to try it without asking nLite to integrate the widcomm crap automatically next...

I don't have any firm reason why, but I'd prefer not to use nLite. I believe I can remove the bluetooth support from XP manually by removing these files, but the problem is during the DOS based setup I have to tell it to skip these files it can't find. Can someone tell me exactly what file I need to edit? txtsetup or something I'm guessing?

files removed from I386:

bthusb.sy_

bthprint.sy_

bthport.sy_

bthpan.sy_

bthmodem.sy_

bthenum.sy_

bthspp.in_

bthprint.in_

bthpan.in_

bth.in_

bthserv.dl_