Slipstream support for Access, Dotnet Framework

wrecklesswun

Has anyone succesfully slipstreamed Access (Jet or MDAC) support into PE as well as .net frameork, i've searched but found only people who run using a silent install method...thanx ! Second part is if not, can i use the xp embedded component designer to design these components for pe...since (i think) pe is built from xp embedded...thanx

Could it be just as simple as reversing the MSI file, getting the registry info and file locations and then plug everything in to PE?

Wishing and hoping?

I've tried.

Your talking 1000+ Registry Entries.

if I had more time I could finish it off.

If you have Wise Package Studio you can export registry hives from an MSI as .REG files. I also saw a link to a utility somewhere on this board that converted .REG files to .INF files for WinPE.

The combination of those two, plus extracting the files from the installation (which I think you can do with the /a switch, I can't remember)... You may be able to do it with very little effort. The rough part would be figuring out which DLL's you need to register first (unless the DLLs get registered via the registry entries)... it's kind of a crap shoot.

Of course, this all depends on if the MSI follows the standards, which a lot of Microsoft's don't.

Sure, you can do it as EvilNotion said but it is alot easier to just monitor a installation of .net framework. when you have done that you can just take the enteries i HKLM since they were the only ones I needed. In there it will already have all the dll files you need registered. The you must edit the paths in the .inf file. The most importent path is HKLM/software/microsoft/.netframework/InstallRoot and if you dont change it, Pe will say that .net framwork is not installed. This metod however, I have only tried with BartPE and won't be able to help in geting it to work with Micorsoft Windows Pe.

Good luck!

MrCobra: Not everyone uses BartPE ;)

BTW, does anyone know what utility I'm talking about in my above post? I've just spent the past hour searching for it and can't find it.. yet I found it the other night and downloaded it at home. Now I'm at work and I need it :P

• 3 weeks later...