Connection Closed By Remote Server Error

Cube623

Dude, just format that s***, you need a clean installation and then see, back up allyour data.

It'll take you ages to get all the spyware and viruses out, once formatted, use a good AV, I recommend Kaspersky Personal 5, norton or macafee for that matter Nod32 are all crap.

Dude, just format that s***, you need a clean installation and then see, back up allyour data.

It'll take you ages to get all the spyware and viruses out, once formatted, use a good AV, I recommend Kaspersky Personal 5, norton or macafee for that matter Nod32 are all crap.

right i've taken your advice and formatted and clean install even though i didn't want to but i suppose it's the only way to fix this problem

The internet is now working but i have a new problem

Whenever i connect to the internet the moment i connect an error message comes up saying

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Audiodev.exe
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
CS:cbcc IP:83a1 OP:ff ff 1f ff ff Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

but the internet is fine but the message is annoying because if i press close or ignore the message reappears again and it's an always on top message :realmad:

so what do i do to get rid of it?

• 3 weeks later...

connection problems:

did you use norton anti virus or something similar (inet security, whatever)?

i had the same problem, so i formated my hd and everything was fine, even after installing nav. but as soon ive updated nav, the problem occured again - now ive kicked it et voila... here i am

I have seen this problem before, AND solved it! :P

The problem is that there is an other computer on the same network as yours that has the same IP address!

In essence, what happens is that these two (or more!) computers "race" for answering on an incoming IP packet, and depending on who answers first the second computer "sees" the connection as being closed by someone else.

If you have a DHCP server, then do a reconciliation, clear all "loans" and make sure that *every* computer refresh their IP address. Make sure that all computers get a unique address! Try ARP -A in a command window, it will help you out... :whistle:

Happy hunting! :w00t: