Successful NVRAID unattended slipstream

cfeedback

Hi, First I'd like to say thanks for putting this up it is the first thing that has semi worked for me that I have tried. But like I said semi because when I get to the Windows splash screen it hangs and after about 10 minutes goes into windows setup with the following message:

Fatal Error

An error has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing

Internal Setup data structures are corrupted (phase 0)

I have done everything exactly as you except for compressing the .sys files and therefore also added the "x" after the ,4_ as you suggested.

The only other thing is that I have no $OEM$ folder in my root on my original WXPOEM_EN slipstreamed with SP2. I created the one I have exactly as you had written out with all the subfolders and then the driver files.

Could any of these things be causing the error message?

@Bashrat the Sneaky - for the life of me I cannot get your Sound Drive pack to download from your site so I can try running your MassStorage Pack. Any ideas what I can do?

Ok so I went ahead and compressed the .sys files and put the txtsetup.sif stuff under the headings that were already in the file instead of all at the end. Copy and pasted from your post here. But I still get the Fatal Error message

When you said to have the two .sys files in the OEM folder did you mean in your Raid and Ide folders perspectively or should they be directly in the $OEM$ folder?

• 3 weeks later...

Right, having a slight problem with this.

Added the line to the winnt.sif file,

Added all the entries to the txtsetup.sif

Compressed the two .sys driver files and added to the I386 folder.

Added the $OEM$ folder structure and driver files. Tried the IDE and RAID way and just the RAID folder - both the same.

Right, XP setup starts and i get the correct drives listed ti install to. It all goes through fine, reboots and finishes setup without fault. It then restrts again at the end and comes back to the xp boot screen. Then the system just restarts.

Will not go further than that.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for in the detailed instructions. Worked great. I really like how it didn't matter where to add the lines to the txtsetup.sif file. I just copied and pasted at the very end and it worked great. I didn't know if I needed to compress the two .sys files or not so I did and put both the .sy_ and the .sys files in the I386 folder. Not like it was that hard.

Thanks again!

An error has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing

Internal Setup data structures are corrupted (phase 0)

I have done everything exactly as you except for compressing the .sys files and therefore also added the "x" after the ,4_ as you suggested.

nvraid.sys            = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4 - compressed

nvraid.sys            = 1,,,,,,_x,4,1,,,1,4 - uncompressed

I might not have been clear on that in my initial post. In theory it should work either way in practice I've only tried compressed so YMMV.

Haven't spent much time on this site lately as my slipstream DVD is a thing of beauty that almost brings a tear to my eyes. I spend my time now making them for friends' PCs, or at least trying to convince them that they need it. (Friend: Why would I want to reinstall Windows again?)

Glad this thread has helped a number of people!

Right, having a slight problem with this.

Added the line to the winnt.sif file,

Added all the entries to the txtsetup.sif

Compressed the two .sys driver files and added to the I386 folder.

Added the $OEM$ folder structure and driver files. Tried the IDE and RAID way and just the RAID folder - both the same.

Right, XP setup starts and i get the correct drives listed ti install to. It all goes through fine, reboots and finishes setup without fault. It then restrts again at the end and comes back to the xp boot screen. Then the system just restarts.

Will not go further than that.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Nick

Didn't ever come across this problem. Most of the time it would give an error in the dos based setup if anything was wrong. When you say it "finishes setup without fault" you mean the windows portion of the setup? You could post the relevant portions of your .sif files for someone to look over...also are you doing other unattended stuf - registry edits, other apps, etc? You might try starting from scratch, get a working ISO with the RAID drivers first, then build on it from there.

Didn't ever come across this problem. Most of the time it would give an error in the dos based setup if anything was wrong. When you say it "finishes setup without fault" you mean the windows portion of the setup? You could post the relevant portions of your .sif files for someone to look over...also are you doing other unattended stuf - registry edits, other apps, etc? You might try starting from scratch, get a working ISO with the RAID drivers first, then build on it from there.

Thanks for the reply.

Right, the finishes setup without fault means it goes through the blue background dos based format, file copy and then reboots, then goes through the gfx based setup all the way through 39 mins to 0 etc etc, then reboots as normal. This is when it should start up for the first time, but all I get is the first 2 flashes of the blue bars on the boot screen, and the system then reboots and loops on that pattern.

It's a basic ISO I'm trying to create, I've not removed any components, added any apps, only added 1 hotfix, and not changed any options.

The entries in the txtsetup file are totlly standard, coppied directly from the guide, using the compressed method after using makecab.

Any other ideas? Thanks

Nick

Right, the finishes setup without fault means it goes through the blue background dos based format, file copy and then reboots, then goes through the gfx based setup all the way through 39 mins to 0 etc etc, then reboots as normal. This is when it should start up for the first time, but all I get is the first 2 flashes of the blue bars on the boot screen, and the system then reboots and loops on that pattern.

It's a basic ISO I'm trying to create, I've not removed any components, added any apps, only added 1 hotfix, and not changed any options.

The entries in the txtsetup file are totlly standard, coppied directly from the guide, using the compressed method after using makecab.

Any other ideas? Thanks

Nick

Hello there!

I've followed this guide and it seems to work perfectly with the installation, but when the computer reboots and is going to launch windows for the first time I get a bluescreen and an instant reboot. :(

It seems I've got the exact same problem as you Nick?

My board is a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (with a non-functioning floppy-connector)

If I'm not able to solve this problem I'll have to return the board from where I got it, and that's just boring...

EDIT: I used drivers from this file: nForce_5.10_WinXP2K_WHQL_international.exe which I got from the nVidia-site.

And I put up a copy of my Winnt.sif file here: http://www.adelgren.se/alex/winnt.sif.txt

I'm very thankful for all the help I can get!

/Alex

• 1 month later...

i just found out about this unattended stuff, and it looks awesome. i read as much as i could and i wanted to try it out for a new system i'm getting.

it's going to be a gigabyte nforce4 sli motherboard.

i tried creating an unattended iso using the method shown in this thread for installing onto what will be a raid 0 sata array. i tried my iso using vmware as was shown in the main guide on the site, and i ran into a problem.

it seemed to bypass the f6 for floppy disk, not sure if it was supposed to say anything there or not...

then when it got time to select the partition, i got the screen that says "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer". now is this because my unattended cd doesn't work, or because it's on a virtual computer, or because my current computer i'm testing on doesn't have sata hard drives or a raid array?

please help!

i tryed this and some others ways to get it work. The best result was, that setup detected the raid (2x80 GB P-ATA), finished the installation, rebootet and... when windows loads for the first time, i only get an bluescreen and the system reboots.

the Driverpacks v. 5.01 also give me an error ("setupstructures have errors"). So i think i have to use an extra raid controller. :unsure:

i tryed this and some others ways to get it work. The best result was, that setup detected the raid (2x80 GB P-ATA), finished the installation, rebootet and... when windows loads for the first time, i only get an bluescreen and the system reboots.

the Driverpacks v. 5.01 also give me an error ("setupstructures have errors"). So i think i have to use an extra raid controller.  :unsure:

It's not working properly in the DriverPack MassStorage, one of the known issues ;)

Currently known bugs:

-problems with nVidia RAID

-problems with SiI 311x RAID configurations

i just found out about this unattended stuff, and it looks awesome.  i read as much as i could and i wanted to try it out for a new system i'm getting.

it's going to be a gigabyte nforce4 sli motherboard.

i tried creating an unattended iso using the method shown in this thread for installing onto what will be a raid 0 sata array.  i tried my iso using vmware as was shown in the main guide on the site, and i ran into a problem.

There's your first problem - VMWare emulates hardware. It doesn't directly use the hardware in your system.

it seemed to bypass the f6 for floppy disk, not sure if it was supposed to say anything there or not...
This has been covered eleventy billion times in as many threads (in other words, SEARCH) - you cannot use F6 if you've got an unattended CD.
then when it got time to select the partition, i got the screen that says "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer".  now is this because my unattended cd doesn't work, or because it's on a virtual computer, or because my current computer i'm testing on doesn't have sata hard drives or a raid array?

please help!

Like I said before, you can't test RAID drivers in VirtualPC or VMWare. Sounds to me like you never created a virtual hard disk for the virtual machine you've got setup.

perhaps i didn't explain myself very well...

first off, i do have a virtual hard disk setup. it's 4 gb--i followed the vmware setup guide on the main site step for step.

secondly, i know that i can't press f6 during setup--that's the exact thing i'm trying to get around with this post. i want this unattended cd to be able to install windows onto my sata raid 0 setup when i get my new computer without needing a floppy drive/disk. i said i wasn't sure if anything was supposed to happen there--is it supposed to say "NVIDIA RAID Detected" or something?

you say that vmware emulates hardware, but i didn't see any options that says you can pick specific motherboards/processors/memory/whatever.

so in retrospect, there is no way to test whether or not nvidia raid works unless it is being tested on real hardware.