LOST CD KEY FOR HOME XP STILL HAVE CD!

alasky

:unsure: I lost my my cd key for my Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002

but, i still have the CD so if anyone knows a program or knows where i can find it on the cd PLZ! REPLY Id rather just open from a cd-rom and get it if any one knows where the cd key would be located plz share......Thanks for reading!

Yes, the magical jelly-bean key-finder is the one to use to look up what key you used while installing. But if you don't already have it installed, and are yet to install from the CD, there's no way other than to look up the cert. of authenticity, in your XP package.

#1 if u buy a new computer, the cdkey is on the jacket of the cd. and on the case of the computer itself. I got a sony laptop z series. My cdkey is at the back of my laptop.

#2 if u hv a legit (i think not) ;) u just give microsoft a call and tell them your story that u lost your cdkey. They will ask you where u bought it or if it was bundle with a new computer.

#3 call the dealer that sold you the xp cd and tell them u lost the cdkey.

:no:

As others have said, if you have a legit copy of Windows, then call MS

In the US, it's 1-425-635-3311. I don't know about other regions. I've had to send customers there before that had stupidly thrown away their COA with the product key on it (on OEM editions, it's on the outer wrapping). If you have a legit CD, they will ask you to prove it to them (they have ways) and then if you provie it they will provide you with a new key.

As others have said, if you have a legit copy of Windows, then call MS

In the US, it's 1-425-635-3311.  I don't know about other regions.  I've had to send customers there before that had stupidly thrown away their COA with the product key on it (on OEM editions, it's on the outer wrapping).  If you have a legit CD, they will ask you to prove it to them (they have ways) and then if you provie it they will provide you with a new key.

In the USA and Canada, the customer can call the phone...1-425-635-3311