Longhorn icon set in unattended XP SP2

sn0man

I have an unattended XP SP2 disc which works great, for all the basic stuff. Now I'm getting started on custom themes and cosmetic tweaks for the new disc.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to replace the default icon scheme in an unattended XP installation. I'd like to have the Windows XP default icons replaced by the icons that can be found in the Longhorn Transformation Pack, or in the Longhorn Icons Set v1.1.

I'd rather replace the Windows icon set outright, instead of using some other program to change all the icons once windows is installed. I was thinking maybe there is a way to find the icon files on the unattended cd and simply replace them with the new icon files, but obviously I don't know how to do that.

If anyone has an idea on how this can be done, or is able to tell me if it can be done at all, it would be much appreciated.

Looks good, MCT!

I found the program, and after a break for some much-needed pizza, :P ,I'm going to give it a try.

As an added question, I'm using a hacked uxtheme.dl_ file on my unattended cd to allow a theme to be automatically installed. Are there any other hacked files I would need to add in order for the new icon files to install without any errors?

For example, would I need to start off with a modified version of the files you suggested, or just use my own?

Do you think I would have any Windows File Protection errors?

Thanks again.

Download The Longhorn Transformation Pack 7.

Install it in VMWare or VirtualPC and copy shell32.dll, explorer.exe and mydocs.dll to your normal system.

Other files that can be copied to get a more Longhorn-look are:

ntoskrnl.exe, moricons.dll, notepad.exe, iexplore.exe and msgina.dll .

Just cab all those files and put them in your Unattended XP CD.

To cab, use jcarle's compression bin; so all files get modifyPE'd

Hope this helps :D