Copy Protected WMA Files?

Nomi

First, Switchfoot is on the Sony infected list.

Open up Writer/Textwriter/word

Save the empty document to your desktop

Call it '$sys$a' without the tick marks

Close your editor

Minimize all your windows so you can see your desktop

Click your desktop on an empty area

Press the F5 key to refresh the icons

Do you still see $sys$a.[doc | odf | txt | rtf ]

If not, you're infected with the Sony Virus.

Your best bet is to reformat

BTW, some new Sony DVDs have go.exe....

• 3 months later...
Helo,

Can some buddy tell me...

is there anyway to decrypt the Copy protected .WMA Files?

or if sombody knows how to unprotect or convert DRM Protected WMA files to MP3? your suggestion would be the great help if u think it is possible to use those copy protected wma files by anyway... share plz

:hello:

I searched for such soft and found SoundTaxi - I was impressed theat it's possible to convert nearly 300 songs for less than 1 hour!!!

http://www.soundtaxi.info

This soft has a couple of advantages - works perfectly with iTunes, Napster, MSN-music, Yahoo-music etc..., supports all popular music formats & is so easy to use)) :thumbup

• 4 weeks later...

just my 2 cents...

Some .wma files are offered for free downlod but will time out after a while. Some require a license to prove you bought it.

If you have a problem you didn't buy it!

GO BUY IT!

Any solution to this problem will be used primaily for stealing from the artists.

I vote this topic closed.

Downloading a .wma for free and then circumventing the protection is the same as downloading the .mp3 from a peer to peer.

thanks

p.s. I have a couple of friends in a platinum selling band. They are not rich. Let's keep the bands making music. Support them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
just my 2 cents...

Some .wma files are offered for free downlod but will time out after a while. Some require a license to prove you bought it.

If you have a problem you didn't buy it!

GO BUY IT!

Any solution to this problem will be used primaily for stealing from the artists.

I vote this topic closed.

Downloading a .wma for free and then circumventing the protection is the same as downloading the .mp3 from a peer to peer.

thanks

p.s. I have a couple of friends in a platinum selling band. They are not rich. Let's keep the bands making music. Support them.

I agree. Pirate the music and then send the band themselves a check directly. They'll get way more cash than they would if you went through the record label, who nickel-and-dime the bands to death.

• 3 years later...
[quote name='jaws75' post='523038' date='Jun 23 2006, 01:40 PM']If you have a problem you didn't buy it!

GO BUY IT!

[b]I vote this topic closed.[/b]

thanks

p.s. I have a couple of friends in a platinum selling band. They are not rich. Let's keep the bands making music. Support them.[/quote]

I know this is an old topic, but I have been doing a lot of searching today because I BOUGHT a cd that I want to play on my ipod. I can't do this because of the 'copy protection' . I paid full price for this cd, and I would NEVER rip music that friends offer me, or download it from p2p networks... I am really offended by your implication that the only reason to oppose DRM is because you want to steal music.

Grab a freeware copy of Alcohol 52% and the free mp3 plugin, and rip your protected cd directly to unprotected mp3 files.

Audio Plugin can be downloaded from [url="http://www.free-downloads.net/programs/Alcohol_Audio_Converter"]http://www.free-downloads.net/programs/Alc...Audio_Converter[/url]
Once installed select Device>Audio Converter

Since you own the cd, it's not illegal to make a backup for personal use. Edited by SyntaxError

• 4 months later...