Win Me and Win NT

Nbertini

I would like to perform a clean installation of win me on a computer with win nt already installed. to do so, of course, i would like first to format. Can I use a regular boot disk for winme or should I use another type of software?

Thank you

You can use winme startup disk and select to "start the computer with the CD-ROM support.

Then just from A: disk use format C: command..

I hope you made your backup on winnt. before this action.. ;)

After format is complete select the drive which is your CD letter drive, e: for instance and write cd lang/eng/cabs and run setup.exe :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
i didnt read the posts, but what i would do, is insert the Win ME cd-rom , go to My Computer and select the drive. Search for installation file and start.  :yes:

ummm...... How is "My Computer" accessible if your hard-disk is formatted and clean with no windows installed?

Booting up from a DOS floppy, or directly from the Windows ME CD would be the method to use.

BTW, this topic is old. So please don't make such topics active again, unless you have a reason. nbertini might have already got his answer at the post by oftentired.

Oh, so you dont have Windows installed and you want to install it?

Ok, then when PC starts , enter BIOS (press delete to enter) , go to Advanced BIOS Features, and select CD-ROM as "First Boot Device". Save (press F10) , then bypass BIOS and PC will ask you what CD to activate. Activate your Windows CD and start installing! :D Good luck!

P.S. Im taking over the forum :sneaky: