nLite And Drivers

RBCC

I am trying to integrate my drivers into the Windows XP SP-2 Install using Nlite 98.8, and was wondering if I need to copy the files to my drivers to ther $OEM$ directories after nLite creates the driver directories. I am using the inf files for them and not copying them. Please Help :w00t::whistle::hello:

If you are integrating drivers with nlite just select their infs and when it's done just make the iso.

Auto $oem$ creation is to copy eventual subdirectories your drivers had, don't delete it and no need to copy aditional files in it.

:whistle::thumbup:no: But all I get is a series of dat files, in the $OEM$\$$\ntdrv folder, what are these dat files?

What I did was I used WinRar to unzip the exe of the driver if it was Installshield I used installshield to extract all files, then used it inf file to integrate it with nlite.

All of the drivers are in their own subdir and in the inf are there too.

once again... dont worry about it.... "driver integration" is there for you to use, not use, worry about, and make you work more.

the dat files are a form so the windows installation can read and do something with, not for you to just copy your drivers in and expect windows to know what to do with them...

select the inf for your driver, nLite will integrate them... dont worry about the $OEM$ directory or anything inside of it...

• 2 years later...