Bootscreen Editor - This is simple and works!

`Felix`

Alright, after alittle fidling. I still like Boot Editor better.

Sure there's another step to create the thing, but I have no problem moving the progress bar in it.

And slightly overlooked, recently updated. The main site for boot editor has the new 1.0.1 version which supports SP2.

http://themes.belchfire.net/~userxp/indexbe.htm

In This boot editor (Boot-Image) you have a preset number of progress bar things. Boot Editor, you can use any you can make in a image editor.

I suggest Boot Editor, but it's up to the user

Thanks Felix for the link on BootLogo. I am using it now and like it.

@Alanoll

Actually I tried BootEditor first before trying BootLogo, but somehow I couldn't get it to work. Is there any place I can look up for simpler instructions? The program says it's not making exe file anymore. It's making a zip in form of .bootscreen or something. In there it's only the bitmap images. I clicked 'Make' but nothing happened.

You have two routes to take....

One use the "Test" option which the author suggested to me, and it will create kernel1.exe i believe in system32 and you just copy that. Or download UserXP's adjacent program LogonRandomizer and it does the same thing, but on mass, LogonRandomizer is easier, as you create the .bootscreen files in Booteditor for all logos. LogonRandomizer sees them all, and you just double click the file. Go to system32, copy paste kernel1.exe rename, and repeat. If you need both a single kernel and dual kernel, just overwrite ntoskrnl.exe with the appropriate version and repeat.

At first I didn't like the new zip format but like alanoll said, you can just grab the test kernel from system32 (NewBoot.exe) after testing. The zip format is very convenient. Cuts down a lot on file size. Plus, boot editor is a great program.