HardDisk backup to Bootable DVD

kalavera

Like the title says... i'm searching for a good harddisk partition backup software that burns directly to dvd, but creates a bootable dvd (the backup data + recovery app bootable in the same dvd, so i don't need to have an extra cd or dvd with the recovery program)

I'm using right now Nero Backitup, it does that ... but it is very basic ... any other software that does the same?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply ... but at least ghost 2003 had a very silly problem because it asks for a bootable diskette to copy the boot ... the problem is that i don't have a diskette driver in my laptop!!

About roxio and ghost 9 ... i didn't test it.

Thanks for the reply ... but at least ghost 2003 had a very silly problem because it asks for a bootable diskette to copy the boot ... the problem is that i don't have a diskette driver in my laptop!!

About roxio and ghost 9 ... i didn't test it.

Not if you run the Ghost wizard from Windows. It will create a virtual floppy when you reboot, so you don't need a physical floppy drive.

I have tested norton ghost 9 and it doesn't create a bootable cd/dvd. You need to have the symantec recovery cd to restore the image ... very bad move from symantec.

Btw: Ghost 9 is just Drive Image 7 from Powerquest rebadged.

That's not totally true, it's possible to create a bootable cd/dvd with Ghost, but I use Norton Ghost which is integrated in Norton Systemworks 2004.

I know that with the older versions was possible to create a separate boot cd, but with the new version 9 isn't possible because it uses a completly different core (it is from Drive Image)

But what i really want is a software that makes the backup but makes the backup disk bootable, not needing an extra disk with the software to recover (like nero backitup does ...)