AIM Ad Hack Inno Setup Help

speed45

HI I have AIM Ad Hack 3.65. It uses the Inno Setup. I want to add this to my unattended xp cd. I want this program to run unattended with the options that I choose. Can anyone help me on this thanks. I have attached a picture of what options I want. Also I want it to run unattended witout me having to click on next or anything. Now in the picture atttached as you can see the first window I just want aim ad hack installed and the second one to the right of that window that's the settings that I want and then the the bottom window right under the first window when the install finishes I do not want aim to run I want that box unchecked and then I just want it to exit out and continue with my unattended install. Please somone help me I will really like it thanks.

post-80-1094652187_thumb.jpg

I did try that but it did not help. Also as you can see the picture I have attached that's not all I need to get removed. Maybe someone can tell me how to remove all those things with the unattended install.

what do you exactly mean. I just those directory and files removed and registry parts where aim installs all the extra junk. Can anyone help me out by tell me what to add in to my registry file and my batch file so I can tell it to remove certain directorys and certain files. Also certain registery keys. Thanks

I was checking the program out too..

there is a new version 3.67 if you don't have it

and it is for Aim Version 5.9.3690 only

http://aftermath.dyndns.org:8888/~aimadhack/

also they have a forum

http://s3.invisionfree.com/The_Aftermath/index.php?c=3

I did put a post over there for more info...

But while I was playing when you hand install it when you get to the screen this will install ad hack get the files out of the %TEMP% folder

open the file manager cut and paste %TEMP% hit go...

now look in the folders for the AAH.exe it has a total of six files,,,

copy that folder to a safe place,,,,

close the installer that you have open cancel out...

now use the AAH.exe /VERYSILENT that will install all the default settings...

INNO installer suck cause they don't give you any good options.. So we will have to wait for a answer from there forum...

If I can find a way to prevent the AIM tool bar from installing I will use this file tooo.. But if I don't I'm going to do the hand install of AIM.. I bloody don't even want the extra crap from the start of it... some times just installing the garbage and removing it can cause havoc...

LOL I know the earthlink 2005 installer messes you all up even though you tick NO NO NO NO and Bloody no...

it still install the stuff...and it cause all kind of havoc with my real working blockers... and that is even after you go remove after it is all done...

LOL Already got a answer while I was posting this from there forum...

"FROM bscabl" no, there isnt a silent install option, with all the options you have to decide on during install it would be self defeating.

Little do they know... trap a few files.. Hey...whooo hoo...

Mac!

LOL I figure out the ultimate SETUP!

Install_AIM_5.9.3690.exe by hand but untick the toolbar wild tangent and weather bug....

run the file Ad Hack 3.67.exe

copy ths file msvcr71.dll from this folder C:\Program Files\AIM\Sysfiles

to this folder C:\Program Files\AIM

NOW YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO INSTAll any setup files when you light off the new hard drive,,, just save the folder C:\Program Files\AIM somewhere in the set up files then copy it to the new drive.. how you do it is up to you...

also install a short cut to aim.exe somewhere...

Bingo That is all you have to do then you will not get any bad stuff install...

mac!

• 2 weeks later...
LOL I figure out the ultimate SETUP!

Install_AIM_5.9.3690.exe by hand but untick the toolbar wild tangent and weather bug....

run the file Ad Hack 3.67.exe

copy ths file msvcr71.dll from this folder C:\Program Files\AIM\Sysfiles

to this folder C:\Program Files\AIM

NOW YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO INSTAll any setup files when you light off the new hard drive,,, just save the folder C:\Program Files\AIM somewhere in the set up files then copy it to the new drive.. how you do it is up to you...

also install a short cut to aim.exe somewhere...

Bingo That is all you have to do then you will not get any bad stuff install...

mac!

Anyone test this method?

seems to work from my very informal test (installed copied uninstalled ran AIM from copied location and it worked)

anyone test this for real in an install?