"Fool's World Map" project

SiMoNsAyS

"Fool's World Map" project

One day, a Texan asked me a question when I lived in U.S..

The question was "How many hours does it take to go to Japan by car?". (true story)

He didn't know where Japan is, and even bofore that, he didn't know that Japan is an island.

And then, I thought. "What kind of world map is pictured in his mind?"

This was a beginning to think that it might be fun to gather those mixed up recognitions of countries and visualize it as a world map imagined by the fools in the world.

First, the countries are roughly allocated. From now on, countries will be added based on participants' comments.

vakaworld_040710.gif
The upper part of Brazil became Spain.

edit: i've just read in that page some comments that usa people won't like, please don't take it like something personal it's just it looks funny that someone can think "you can travel from usa to japan by car" :lol:

One day, a Texan asked me a question when I lived in U.S..

The question was "How many hours does it take to go to Japan by car?". (true story)

He didn't know where Japan is, and even bofore that, he didn't know that Japan is an island.

Oh. My. WORD.

What happened to the educational system of (parts of) this country, that they don't even know that Japan is across a fscking ocean!?

LMAO! I know some people who'd believe you could drive to japan from here. :lol:

We have our good and our bad in terms of intelligence....but the intelligent community here is losing ground....I'm surprised that Low-Carb hasn't become an ethnic food group here, like Italian or Mexican....

• 3 years later...
You guys all need to go back to school! This is either a joke or the OP is the one in the wrong. He was talking about Japan, Texas, not japan the country. I am surprised that nobody else got that.

Edit: **** didn't mean to resurrect an old thread. It was in similar topics and i didn't check the date. Edited by Seven Alive

[quote name='Seven Alive' post='765363' date='May 18 2008, 04:04 AM']You guys all need to go back to school! This is either a joke or the OP is the one in the wrong. He was talking about Japan, Texas, not japan the country. I am surprised that nobody else got that.

Edit: **** didn't mean to resurrect an old thread. It was in similar topics and i didn't check the date.[/quote]
Seven Alive has entered the Twilight Zone, erm.... I mean the Funny Farm.

• 2 weeks later...
Since this topic is revived, and I stumbled upon the [url="http://www.chakuriki.net/en/world/"]new link[/url] by going through [url="http://archive.org"]the wayback machine[/url]; I thought I'd share. Edited by JoeMSFN