Keyboard problems!

EZ Geezer

:eek: I upgraded my win 98 system to XP successfully, except that my keyboard ceased to function. Since then I have tried doing a clean install in the hope that it was something to do with Win98, but the keyboard freezes after the first boot off the CD!

I am running a PIII 550Mhz, on an Abit 6BXE M/board

256MB SDRAM with XP build version 2600 Professional.

My keyboard is a Logitech Corded Internet (PS/2), Model Number Y-SE8.

I would appreciate any help, as I have been looking everywhere for some advice!:wail:

Well the first place I would advise you to go would be to logitech site. Im a big logitech user when it comes to keyboards and mouses. They have just recently updated all there drivers except there freedom wireless optical mouse and wireless keyboard but all other drivers are on the website.Make sure you get the right ones, the only reason I say this is because they have so many products that it gets confussion on which one you really have:D

-Chris

P.S.Please check your Private Message box for a important e-mail

I had already visited Logitech's site and the MS HCL listings before I posted. They both say that the keyboard should be compatible natively, it's just the iTouch software that is uncompatible with XP. Do you think it could be motherboard related? I have not yet upgraded the BIOS, and am a bit wary to do anything like that!

Cheers! :beer (EZ Geezer)

Well the itouch software along with the drivers have been updated....I dont believe it would be anything to do with your bios being updated.I had promblems with my keyboard and mouse untill the updates came out. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the new ones and havent had a promblem with it since.But just for kickes what kind of Motherboard do you have?

-Chris

P.S.Flashing your motherboard can be dangerous if you dont know what your doing!

Well not to updated on the Abit boards but I do know that the 440BX chipset needs to always be updated. Ive seen some run into performance issues using that chipset, but on the flip side its a great chipset to overclock.Sorry I can help you out anymore.

-Chris