Firefox parsing error for Beta V1.0

DakotaSunRunner

Hi all,

I installed firebox 1.0 beta, but not before uninstalling V0.93. It seems to install correctly, but I now get this error,

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity

Line number 609, column 17:

I have no idea what the above error is but the browser will not start.

Sooooooooooooo I did this,

I uninstalled it, and removed all registry entries, installed it again, same error comes up. Soooooooooo I uninstalled it again, removed all registry entries and reinstalled V0.93 only to get this same error again and V0.93 worked properly before but now will not work at all, so I uninstalled firefox entirely.

I was working on a 2.1 ghz computer with 512 megs of ram with windows XP sp2 update.

It is funny about this as version 0.93 worked alright before I installed the beta version of 1.0 now neither will work. Well one good thing, it was not on my computer but a customers. I now hessitate to install this beta version on my personal computer as it may screw up everything and not allow any firefox to run.

Any Ideas?

Dakota SunRunner

Good thing I am not a software maker as this is really all greek to me and it surely would drive me nuts, well worse than I am now... :puke:

The preferences, favorites, extensions, etc. are stored in: C:\Documents and Settings\??????\Application Data\Mozilla. Try removing that, it isn't usually uninstalled. There might have been some changes in the 1.0 preferences (I believe that the chrome file is where that is stored) that aren't letting 9.x startup properly. Also in the 1.0 beta there might be an extension incompatability that only works with 9.x if you have any installed. I had something similar happen with Thunderbird official release and the nightly that was related to the folder that works similarly for Tbird. I hope this helps.