Winamp 5.0.5 MSI release

Alanoll

I've noticed a problem with your installer (I don't think it was there with 5.04) : I've just reinstalled windows and installed winamp.msi the way I always did before :

Winamp.msi Xlibrary=1 Xintex=1 Xmodernskin=1 Xaudio=1 Xnsv=1 Xvisual=1 Xextra=1 Xregopt=1 Xtray=1 Xname=XXXXX Xkey=XXXXX /QN

Everything installs as it should, but when I doubleclick on a mp3 file, winamp is launched but file is not played or even added to playlist (the same goes for right-click + Play in Winamp / Enqueue in Winamp).

After a quick look in registry, I found what caused the problem :

in

hkey_classes_root\winamp.file\shell\play\command

the key should be :

"C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe" "%1"

instead of :

C:\Program Files\\Winamp\Winamp.exe "%1"

(I think the problem lies in missing quotes rather than in the doubled \)

Notice that quotes are missing in every winamp key, not just play\command.

Am I the only one affected by this problem ?

EDIT : Ok, maybe something else caused the problem. I tried the "repair" option from the msi file with no success. But desinstalling/reinstalling was enough to make it work, no need to modify any registry key.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this topic still active?

I want to associate Winamp with audiofiles,but it must be able to play video as well! I install with your MSI and use Xaudio=1 Xvideo=0, then Video support isn't installed :(

So now I install with Xaudio=1 and Xvideo=1, but then videofiles are also associated with winamp.

In the preferences menu, there is a button AUDIO ONLY, is there perhaps something possible like this:

run Winamp.exe /regaudioonly

??

(The idea is from Media Player Classic)

Problem is, cant use the ASSOC in cmd, Because when you start winamp it will restore its associations (this functionality I want to keep)

Who can help me?

seeing as how now there's an actual reason to update the MSI, I'll also try to accomadate those requests people... and seperating out the Associations into a seperate switch to control. And I believe there was something MCT wrote I believe....I'll have to check.

Any other requests?

Alanoll's list of things to do:

1. reformat computer

2. rebuild MSI

3. Update MSI

4. Update Unattened Website

5. Schoolwork

6. Family time for thanksgiving

7. Anything I miss?

lol. There was another thread that I said, I had lost the original files, and I'd have to start from scratch. Don't expect anything till this weekend at least, unless I got bored like last time.

hahaha ok no rush! take your time!

EDIT

perhaps it's a good idea to replace the cd reader plugin with this recommended one in the MSI:

http://url.ru/~copah/CDReader.htm

It has 2 benefits:

1. Improved read quality, much closer to 100%.

2. Ability to use quality DAC of your audiocard.

it uses the error correction every cddrive already has... but the standard plugin and also windows media player don't use it...

• 3 weeks later...