Nero 6 unattended problem

Readiosys

Hello,

I am having a little problem with the Nero 6 installation...

Here is the command line I am using :

start /wait Setup.exe /SILENT /NOREBOOT /SN=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /WRITE_SN

It installs all the files OK but there are no shortcuts at all in the start menu and the program isn't registered !

Another strange thing is that it works (program registered and shortcuts in place) 100% of the times on VMWare but once I install my unattended dvd on my real PC, the problem is still there...

I am using the exe file downloaded from the nero website, I did not extract it before like some other did (I used to do that, but since there is a way to use the self-extracting installer, I decided to use it).

Please could someone tell me how to solve this strange problem ?

Thank you in advance !

I don't know about the self-extracting installer. But if you decide to use the other method with the extracted files, here is a working solution :

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Nero burning rom 6.3.1.20" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Apps\nero\setup.exe /silent /noreboot /no_ui" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Apps\nero_fra\setup.exe /silent /no_ui" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 3 /D "regedit /s %systemdrive%\Apps\nero\serial.reg" /f

serial.reg :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]
"User"="X"
"Company"="X"
"Serial6"="X"

my codes

ECHO.

ECHO Registering Nero Burning ROM...

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\register.reg

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM v6.3.0.3

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\Nero6303.exe /silent /noreboot

and registry.reg:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]

"User"="ur name"

"Company"="ur company"

"Serial6"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

worked

Thank you both for your quick answer : it is a method I previously used, but the advantage of setting the serial directly from the setup command-line is that it names the shortcuts correctly : yours must have "Demo" everywhere, because you "patch" the registration afterwards in the registry.

If you pass a correct serial to the Setup program as a parameter, it will name the shortcuts accordingly, without the Demo strings as it knows by this time it is a registered version. Another benefit is that you do not need to use the registry file...

Thanks!

REG ADD %KEY%\1055 /VE /D "Nero Burning ROM 6.3.1.2.0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\1055 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Nero\nero63120.exe /silent /noreboot /no_ui /sn=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /write_sn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\1055 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Nero\Nero.reg" /f

works but only if you edit the nero63120.exe in winrar

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup.exe /SFX

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Title=Nero 6.0- 6.3.1.20 Ahead Software AG

;

if you dont you still see nero the nero extraction window

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM v6.3.1.15

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Nero\Setup.exe /silent /noreboot /no_ui /sn=****-****-****-****-****-**** /write_sn

I have used this in start.cmd in the $1\install dir and it works fine and for nero vision express

Here is mine. With all the plugins. hehe

ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM
ECHO.
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\Nero.cmd

@echo off

ConsoleTool /HIDE

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\Nero.exe /SN=SERIAL REMOVED /WRITE_SN /SILENT /NOREBOOT

CHOICE.COM /N /CY /TY,3 >NUL

COPY /Y "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\Plugins\*.*"  "%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins"

EXIT

The only problem i have using:

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Nero vision express 2.1.12

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Nero\Setup.exe /silent /noreboot /no_ui

For nero vision express 2 is that it hangs and waits at the file assosiations screen for user input!

I dont add the serial to this as it pulls it from the registry as nero has been installed already

So not unattended or silent realy unless any body has a solution for this please !!!

• 2 weeks later...
REG ADD %KEY%\1055 /VE /D "Nero Burning ROM 6.3.1.2.0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\1055 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Nero\nero63120.exe /silent /noreboot /no_ui /sn=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /write_sn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\1055 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Nero\Nero.reg" /f

works but only if you edit the nero63120.exe in winrar

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup.exe /SFX

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Title=Nero 6.0- 6.3.1.20 Ahead Software AG

;

if you dont you still see nero the nero extraction window

Thank you for that post. I still get "invalid key name" when testing the batch file. Also I am not sure how to change the SFX script in Winrar. What I did manage to change it seems, is simply the comment about it. Please advise ??

post-80-1095750334_thumb.jpg

You need to edit the line and put your own key in

You need to edit the line and put your own key in

I have put my own serial number in for Nero. I think the error is regarding the "registry" key. I must be missing something. Can you advise further?

My problem came with Nero 6.3.1.25. The program install works fine, registered and perfect, but when I execute (silently) the Spanish patch (NBR63125ESP.exe) it seems to run, but it's not installed.

I use:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Nero\NBR63125ESP.exe /silent /noreboot

Does enybody know what's wrong?? With 6.3.1.20 used to work...

Thnx,

Annita

• 2 weeks later...

reg add %Key%\090 /VE /D "Nero Ultra Edition [Ver: 6.3.1.2.5]" /f
reg add %Key%\090 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\nero\nero63125.exe /Silent /no_ui /SN=XXXX-XXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX /Write_SN /NoReboot" /f
reg add %Key%\090 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\Software\nero\NBR63125ENG.exe" /f

*serial key removed

Hey, don't let your key reach others!

Edited by prathapml