Firefox

DakotaSunRunner

Hi,

Has anyone downloaded the newest nightly build V1.0 of Firefox browser yet? If you have, how does it work and is it fairly stable? I am curious what the differences are between the nightly build V1.0 and the V0.9.3 build.

I wish we did not have to reinstall everything just to upgrade, I assume that perhaps they will fix that in time. But I guess it could be worse, getting the extensions is no big deal, and another question, do the most recent extensions work with the most recent nightly build???

Thanks

Dakota SunRunner

:whistle:

that build it's PR so i doubt anyone can access it if you are not a beta tester of the browser. i've search a lot for it but i couldn't find any references.

finally i guess there is no notable differences between extensions installation from 0.9.3 and 1.0 so probably you will use your profile the same asin earlier versions.

@SiMoNsAyS

Those builds are avaible to everyone :)

The latest trunk (0.9) build is avaible at ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...y/latest-trunk/

Q: So how many trunks/branches are there, and how many builds?

A: For now, there are two kinds of nightlies:

Aviary Branch: Firefox 1.0 will be based off Aviary branch. Latest Aviary Builds

Trunk: Continued Mozilla backend development. (Mozilla 1.8). Latest Trunk Builds

Q: What is different between Aviary and trunk? which one gets changes earlier?

A: For now, Extension manager is enabled only on Aviary branch, and not on trunk.

@DakotaSunRunner

Since FF is in developement, they don't want you to upgrade since some changes may come in the program/profile structure. Generally you don't need install/uninstall. Just unzip the newly downloaded file and run it with a new profile.

that build it's PR so i doubt anyone can access it if you are not a beta tester of the browser. i've search a lot for it but i couldn't find any references.

finally i guess there is no notable differences between extensions installation from 0.9.3 and 1.0 so probably you will use your profile the same asin earlier versions.

Hi,

You can get the nightly build here:

http://mozilla.cs.utah.edu/pub/mozilla.org...4-09-05-08-0.9/

Their schedule is:

Firefox 0.10 (1.0 PR)

now

Firefox 1.0 RC1

13 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes

Monday, September 20, 2004 01:59:00

Firefox 1.0 RC2

27 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes

Monday, October 04, 2004 01:59:00

Firefox 1.0

34 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes

Monday, October 11, 2004 01:59:00

Hope this helps all.

Dakota SunRunner

:thumbup

I'm using 0.10 version. Has some new features and bug fixes. The search tool has been improved provided highliighting option. Has a popupblocker popping up like in ie6 and sp2, syaing that it has blocked site... blabla. The browsers seems to be much faster now, options,extenstions.. It improved alot. Here is a download link if you need it!

Firefox 0.10 Nightly