Nero Showtime vs. WinDVD 6 Platinum

j4ever

What do you prefer for watching dvds?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer for watching dvds?

• Ahead Nero 6 Ultra/Enterprise Edition's Showtime
    • Intervideo WinDVD 6 Platinum

Never been much of a Nero fan... and I love the features of WinDVD. i've never tried PowerDVD *saw the GUI and didn't like it that much*

so in my opinion, WinDVD.

If you like nice GUIs, then you'd like Theatertek. If you like quality, then zp with the filters you find look best, with ffdshow post processing is best (you can do your own graphs with anything).

Between PowerDVD and WinDVD GUIs, I much prefer PowerDVDs but imho both are VERY lacking (and in features/options a LOT too). ZP all the way B)

• 3 months later...
Though, I don't like either of the choices listed. Try Media Player Classic. Much, much, much smaller than either of the choices. And a lot better and versatile.

Tak knows where it's at. MPC is very nice. I've been using it for ages because it is just so easy to use compared to the other media viewing programs, WMP, WinDVD, PowerDVD, Showtime, etc this kicksass.

The latest feature I've discovered and liked is the ability to modify the aspect ratio of the file currently viewed by using the numpad keys. Explore at ur own volition.

• 3 months later...