Nero Showtime vs. WinDVD 6 Platinum

j4ever

What do you prefer for watching dvds?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer for watching dvds?

• Ahead Nero 6 Ultra/Enterprise Edition's Showtime
    • Intervideo WinDVD 6 Platinum

I made this poll, because I have both of the programs, but I am debating on if I should install windvd 6 platinum because a dvd player is included with nero. How is nero's showtime quality vs. windvd6? I just want to see if I should install windvd6 to watch dvds and not use nero.

Given a choice of only the listed options, WinDVD. I don't like Ahead/Nero very much. Bloated pig, everything but the kitchen sink is included. That's even if you install only the first package. All I want is a burner, damnit. <_<

Though, I don't like either of the choices listed. Try Media Player Classic. Much, much, much smaller than either of the choices. And a lot better and versatile.

Between the 2, WinDVD. If I could choose anything, it would be ZoomPlayer 4, with a custom graph (sonic filters, ffdshow for post-processing (dscaler filter if NTSC non-film), ac3filter, perhaps a nice DX filter for audio enhancing... i like it complicated :lol: )

• 3 weeks later...

Power dvd 5 rules easy to use nero has more add ons now im lost like the guy said all we wanted was a burner i did try Nero Media Player and sound was fine but that loading singularly sucked so im sticking to the good old reliable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:hello: Hi! there to all of you guys! this is my opinion regarding this subject;

Nero Showtime is best if you are playing MP4 from DVD's that you have recode on Nero because chapter selection is present on it. PowerDVD 5 cannot play MP4 files (Created with Nero) Intervideo WinDVD6 Platinum is an excellent software because of its TrimensionDNM which makes the picture quality crispier than any software available. I've also compared it with new Cyberlink PowerDVD6 and i have noticed that still WinDVD picture quality is better. Both WinDVD & PowerDVD can now play MP4 but there is a problem "No audio" if you are playing MP4 created with Nero. Can anyone of you guys can explain because Media player 10 also capable to play MP4 which is created in Nero?

lastly, my comment only with WinDVD6 it takes sometime to load i assume because it needs a lot of resources for its features.

:whistle: only my opinion.

powerdvd6 trumps windvd6 IMO in everyway except the controls are a little more difficult to click on with the mouse. Probably can be fixed with a better skin.

WinDVD installs other software on your computer (Creative/Interactual) which I doubt is needed, is bulkier&slower by itself, and looks 'older'.

Considering your post is dated from the 15th (and the situation has changed a bit now), I'll add my take on it.

Best - still ZP with whatever filters you want (I'm still a fan of NvDVD 4 + ffdshow raw processing/scaling over anything else, and some cool DX filters for audio too)

Next best: PowerDVD 6. CLEV 2 is nice to watch FS stuff (I hate it) on WS displays, and it's a decent decoder too. (that's about my only use for it or reason why I'll bother with it)

Next: Theathertek 2 (uses NvDVD 4 filters)

Then comes WinDVD 6 (actually, I even preferred the old PowerDVD 5 and the Sonic filters over it... So I'm still being "generous" towards it) - and that's providing you modified the installer to not be stuck with the interactual POS.

:unsure: To: DigeratiPrime

WinDVD6 really the design looks old and you cannot change any skin because it is not included in the features. It has also no features for audio channel selection (Karaoke function) not same as PowerDVD6. The only i like Windvd is the Picture quality as i said before. I only say it coz' i tried to compare it few times against WMP10 and PowerDVD 5 & 6. :thumbup

...and the funny thing is, the big reason why I put WinDVD near last on my list is just because of that (pic qual). WMP10 (or whatever version) is actually completely irrelevant... PowerDVD wise, it's not the best, but it's most certainly better than WinDVD imho.