Please post your SiI3112 hardware IDs!

Bâshrat the Sneaky

3.  3112 acts as both BASE and RAID (which is why both drivers exist on the cd)  or maybe its just us Gigabyte owners, huh RyanVM LOL.

Dang straight. I hate this board :realmad:

Granted, the ITE8212 chip is the main source of my ire. A word of warning to potential motherboard buyers, I've seen this chip advertised on other boards as well (Asus I think) - AVOID IT LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. It's a PCI bus hogging piece of crap that causes my sounds to get static every time I do anything with a drive connected to it. Absolute GARBAGE.

Like many onboard stuff which uses the PCI bus ...

I got nuts like that with an Asus P4C800 Deluxe and its Promise RAID. Capturing a DV videostream from the Firewire to the drive(s) mounted on the controller made a saturation of the PCI bus. That resulted in several dropped frames ! :realmad:

I sold the motherboard and bought a P4C800-E Deluxe instead. Actually, the Intel RAID (ICH5R) depends of the chipset and not the PCI. It worked much better like that ! :whistle:

Yeah, my next board will be an nForce3 250Gb chipset (OK, realistically by the time I have the money to upgrade, it'll probably be an nForce4 board :lol:).

If I could afford the supporting components, I'd already be the proud owner of an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. :thumbup

Granted, the ITE8212 chip is the main source of my ire. A word of warning to potential motherboard buyers, I've seen this chip advertised on other boards as well (Asus I think) - AVOID IT LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW.

It's on the P5AD2 Premium motherboards as well...

We disable that RAID contoller for our customers because it's a huge waste of space... Who has IDE RAID anymore when SATA is so much better? ;)