unattended block program

dunno if this is the right thread for this post, but here goes...

a friend of mine has a problem with her husband trusting her (no neither one of those 2 people is me)...and he loads spyware to capture what she is doing and saying...is there a reg tweak or something I can put on this unattended cd for her to block a certain type of program from being downloaded or ran? I know the name of the program being run...ssstray.exe (which loads another explorer.exe to capture everything)...I would like it if I could block that specific item from ever being allowed to run AT ALL...

Spyware? I think that it is called a keylogger. I disprise these proggies. I believe antispyware programs detect these type of vermon. Or you might find a more precise removal tool.

Try adaware, Spybot etc.

Or use taskmanager to find it and destroy the pest.

Hey evilvoice!

You know the prog, so why not add a another reg that will run every time she logs on, and make it remove or kill that specific thingy in silence! Then he can install it but is getting insane about why it doesn'tlog anything! :P

When he installs it again its gone when she logs on etc etc...

Or remove the REAL problem....

Its not up to me, but sounds like her husband needs a regtweak ADDED...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Human\Normal behavior]

"TRUSTENABLE"=0000001

:no:

Some more tweaks, may help the cause?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Human\Normal behavior]

"Pop goes the weasle"=0000000

"Trust ya lover"=0000001

"If such silly a fool"=0000000

"I need brain surgery"=0000001

"I don't trust anyone?"=0000001

"Sorry for the logger"=0000001

well, she has begged, pleaded and cried that he stop...so the only way I know is to make it stop...I guess it doesnt really matter...worse comes to worse Ill find out where he is downloading the file from and extract the uninstaller from it for her to use if she wants to remove him spying...another question, is there a way to remove an entire site from being opened? like if you goto www.msn.com, it displays "site not found"

if you put it in the host file or internet restrictions. It will.
And an example of that:
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. blah-blah-blah-blah

127.0.0.1       localhost
0.0.0.0  mail.msn.com
0.0.0.0  yahoo.com
0.0.0.0  and-so-on.org

You can find the "HOSTS" file in win2k/XP in:

"%WINDIR%\System32\drivers\etc\" folder. And somewhere along that path in win9x. It is a text file - can open it in notepad.

Try seeing the "Run" and such registry keys, to see what apps are being loaded at startup.

ive looked...if you delete or erase the data in the key, it just puts it back...which is what made me really mad...LOL...I will have to try the hosts file and see if I can get it to not open the page...I know he has to go there since he paid for it...now isnt that sad? Pay $50 to spy on a woman...pfft screw that. (there is a lot more to the story, but thats classified LOL)