WMP10 is out....leaked

• 3 weeks later...

I made a batch file to modify the windows media player 10.You can now easily slipstream it into your windows xp cd.

Does WMP10 get installed during Unattended setup?

Or do I have to install it afterwards?

Sorry, but your instructions weren't clear enough for me :blushing:

I don't know how it would instruct the SYSSETUP.INF to install it.I suppose you would have to change the wmp.inf to wmp 10 inf in the

SYSSETUP.INF . What the bat file does : it modifies and then compresses it. I do this with all other exe's,dll's etc and all i did was to replace the files in my winxp cd.

hahahaha! i forgot to put the other programs in there as well, otherwise it wont work. Disregard the download above.

@Ghettochild: I know you'd need to change SYSSETUP.INF, that's why I asked you how it actually installed.

You said it installed when setup ran... I just wanted to know how because setup would need to call the INF file at some time.

Did you download the new wmp10 zip posted on Sep 23 2004, 06:05 PM, that might explain your errors. The other posts, i just forgot to put the modifype.exe in there .....LOL!

Make sure the wmp10 modifype & compression.cmd, your extracted mp10setup.exe files and modifype are in the same folder.

After the compression process the files should look this 9SeriesD.wm_ asferror.dl_ and so on. Then place the compressed files into you windows xp slipstream project.

Thats strange that you got errors. My one installed fine.I will have another try and install the windows xp cd with wmp10 slipstreamed and see what mine does again in the next few days.

If you would like to change the SYSSETUP.IN_ , you will need to download my extractor. i will do a couple of tests on this as well.

SYSSETUP.IN__Extractor.cmd