WMP10 is out....leaked

Hi guys,

so now that the player is officially available ... I tried installing it silently using

mp10setup.exe /Q

but I got a message saying System restore is turned off. (see pic). Any idea how to silently install it with system restore off ?

I have to confess, I did not use the search before posting this ... please be tolerant in your reaction :rolleyes:

and thanks ! :yes:

Bye

Alanoll has the point here, it could be considered illegal. if you go to wmp site and click download, you'll be redirected to download the 9series wmp. any possesion of that software until it's in the download mainpage could be illegal, strictly of course.

so check every 5min wmp download and tell me if the /integrate switch works :P:D

and when adding it to the runonceex.cmd it would be somewhat like this:

REG ADD %KEY%\033 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 10" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\033 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Setup\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /R:N /C:\"setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N\"" /f

midiboy, how would i install it from runonceex from the %systemdrivet%? Could you give me the line to put into my runonceex?

here is my rononceex, i tried to set it to systemdrive, but can u tell me if i did everything right? :

post-70-1094144177_thumb.jpg

j4ever:

I don´t understand: all you would have to do is remove the CDROM variable and insert the correct path ... something like %systemdrive%\install etc ...

but this depends on your path ... but all you need is in your runonceex already ... you just have to exchange a few letters in the path of my code ...

So I don´t get the problem ... ? :unsure:

massimo...i dont think there is, but it would be awesome if there was!
I agree.

Could anyone explain why you are using the "/Q:A /R:N" switch TWICE in the command-line? I haven't tried the MP10 unattended yet. But after a normal install, WMP10 rocks! :w00t: