Kyliefan001

Which Browser Do You Use?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which Browser Do You Use?

• IE
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Other

Opera makes some pages look ugly. And I never really understood this Firefox cult.

Avant Browser is my choice. IMHO, it is a work of genius.

http://www.avantbrowser.com

Mind providing some links to pages that Opera doesn't render properly?

As for Avant Browser, it's still based on IE, so it means that any vulnerability in IE is still a problem for you. At least the Maxthon developers work on patching some of the security holes of IE.

Mind providing some links to pages that Opera doesn't render properly?

As for Avant Browser, it's still based on IE, so it means that any vulnerability in IE is still a problem for you. At least the Maxthon developers work on patching some of the security holes of IE.

It's clear you're an Opera fanatic, but I really don't want to argue. I just like Avant 'cause it has many more features compared to other browser I've tried.

As for the security holes, you're right. But I've never had any spyware or adware take over my browser - perhaps credit goes to SpywareBlaster, Spybot and using some common sense while surfing :D

By the way, I haven't used Opera for some time and I don't have it on my system, so I can't pinpoint a certain page that doesn't look right on Opera. I know all Opera users blame it on poor HTML, but I don't really care. When I browse, I want pages to be displayed properly and I couldn't care less about the quality of HTML.

It's clear you're an Opera fanatic, but I really don't want to argue. I just like Avant 'cause it has many more features compared to other browser I've tried.

As for the security holes, you're right. But I've never had any spyware or adware take over my browser - perhaps credit goes to SpywareBlaster, Spybot and using some common sense while surfing :D

By the way, I haven't used Opera for some time and I don't have it on my system, so I can't pinpoint a certain page that doesn't look right on Opera. I know all Opera users blame it on poor HTML, but I don't really care. When I browse, I want pages to be displayed properly and I couldn't care less about the quality of HTML.

I don't think it's clear that I'm an Opera "fanatic" - it's just that Opera is my favorite because I've never had any problems with the program itself. Did I ever make any sort of fanboi statement like "Opera is teh 1337!!!1111"? People are very quick to judge these days... :no: As for feature lists, Opera provides many more than Avant (I'd know since Avant was the first non-IE browser I ever tried). prathapml has made several such lists... you can search for them if you wish.

You admit that you haven't used Opera for some time... so how can you make a statement like the one about Opera improperly rendering pages? The lastest release (8.01) nearly passes the Acid2 test, which means that it's the best at handling poorly written CSS. And it's not the HTML that Opera users blame... it's the sites that purposefully send Opera the wrong page. If you load up the code that is sent to IE/Firefox in Opera for any of these sites, it will render just fine. You can even trick these sites into sending you their IE/Gecko pages to avoid this problem.

To play devil's advocate here... what about website developers? If they follow standards, they can - and have - rendering problems in IE based browsers because MS hasn't followed standards when building their rendering engine. When writing a webpage, I do care about proper HTML (which is only the half of it) because that's how I know it will turn out right in a good browser.

I don't think it's clear that I'm an Opera "fanatic" - it's just that Opera is my favorite because I've never had any problems with the program itself. Did I ever make any sort of fanboi statement like "Opera is teh 1337!!!1111"? People are very quick to judge these days... :no: As for feature lists, Opera provides many more than Avant (I'd know since Avant was the first non-IE browser I ever tried). prathapml has made several such lists... you can search for them if you wish.

This is the last thing I wanted. That's why I started my previous post saying:
...but I really don't want to argue. I just like Avant 'cause it has many more features compared to other browser I've tried.
I don't think it's clear that I'm an Opera "fanatic" -

And sorry if that offended you. By "fanatic", I meant enthusiast or supporter.

You like Opera. I prefer Avant. Personal preferences [period]

Not trying to restart a flame :) Just downloaded Opera out of curiosity. Couldn't find too many features to tweak my browsing experience as I can do with Avant.

Though I liked the feature that lets you choose the type of advertising :whistle:

This is the last thing I wanted. That's why I started my previous post saying:
...but I really don't want to argue. I just like Avant 'cause it has many more features compared to other browser I've tried.

I'm not starting an argument here... I'm just pointing out the reasons why I like Opera. There are others who read these threads and made decisions based upon what people write - so I'm just here to help them. :hello:

I don't think it's clear that I'm an Opera "fanatic" -

And sorry if that offended you. By "fanatic", I meant enthusiast or supporter.

No offense taken - people are just quick to judge these days.

Though I liked the feature that lets you choose the type of advertising :whistle:

For someone like me who uses the browser all the time (it's only closed when I go to sleep...) I think it's worth it to pay the developers a bit of money for a good quality product.

In the end, to each his own.

Edited by Zxian

I'm not starting an argument here... I'm just pointing out the reasons why I like Opera. There are others who read these threads and made decisions based upon what people write - so I'm just here to help them. :hello:
It's just that I'm not a regular member here; I didn't want to make a bad impression and make you think I'm a flamer :)
For someone like me who uses the browser all the time (it's only closed when I go to sleep...) I think it's worth it to pay the developers a bit of money for a good quality product.
I was just joking (couldn't help it :P ). Of course, any good software is worth paying for.

:hello:

Opera without a shadow of a doubt. IE is just plain crap. ( when will MS learn) Firefox is an excellent browser but i found that it uses waaaaaaay to much ram and of course is picked upon becoz of its open source and popularity.

Firefox is an excellent browser but i found that it uses waaaaaaay to much ram and of course is picked upon becoz of its open source and popularity.

yes, the poor memory managment issue with FF is very popular, however there are very simple tweaks available to make it behave. and those who pick on open source code need a life.