Kyliefan001

Which Browser Do You Use?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which Browser Do You Use?

• IE
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Other

Last week I have downloaded Opera and now I'm not sure anymore which one I prefer between Firefox and Opera. Opera is a little bit more well done than Firefox.

With Windows (and Windows Update) it's almost impossible to not use Internet Explorer at all and for display reasons many Web site needs IE

So...

Internet Explorer 50% of the time

Opera 30% of the time

Firefox 20% of the time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I like Avant Browser myself, I have tried all the others, except Opera, and found that I like Avant best. 

Though it's based on IE, it has all the features and then some I was looking for in a browser, the tabbing feature, stability, block pop-ups, translate pages, sort my favorites into groups, (I would like to be able to open a full group at a time, but that's not a biggie,) though I can skin it, I really don't care about that as much as everything else, like the ability to keep a certain page refreshed, or all of them. 

The on the fly features are great as well, such as the ability to pull a drop down to turn off activex, java scripts, flash, add new window/tabs, etc.  The fact they even include the search bar which has multiple choices for search engines is a plus, now I don't have to install Google search seperately. 

I was using Netscape for a while, but due to incompatibilities with Windows and most things on the web, I would end up having to use IE, now I do everything from Avant, and throughly enjoy using it.

Same here - I like Avant, but use Firefox as well for a change on occasions

Opera for all purposes, except for Windows Update.

And, its amazing how a poll like this keeps coming up every month or so. Try searching and you see so many topics discussing the same - which browser you use or which is your fave......

Opera is simply the best!

:thumbup

Agreed!

• 7 months later...

Opera is my personal favorite. A really great trick is that you can "trick" some sites that don't work properly in Opera (because of poorly written browser checks) to send it their Mozilla code. This is one way of getting around the Hotmail "Junk E-mail" problem. By editing the ua.ini file, you can tell the hotmail site to send you the IE version of the site, and everything will render perfectly.

I'm wondering if there's a simliar function in FF... :whistle:

Also... the speed of Opera is just unbeatable...Everything just renders so fast!