Exchange and connectors

Lebanese_007

Hi all,

I hope you can help me with this.

I have exchange 2000 on an old box, i installed exchange 2003 on a new box, and moved a "test" account from the old one to the new one and everything seems to work fine (send and recieve within the domain, and inside and outside the domain)...

Now i want to remove the old one, but when i looked under system manager\administrative groups\"domain name"\connectors, i saw 5 connectors,

Internet Main Service ("old mail server name")

Internet Mail SMTP COnnector ("new mail server name")

COnnector for MS SchedulePlus FreeBusy ("old mail server name")

MS Mail COnnector ("old mail server name")

Connector for cc:Mail("old mail server name")

I'm afriad that when i remove the old mail server, all the connectors that are associated with the old mail server would not work ... :no:

Any advice pleaseeeeeeeee

thanks alot

Lebanese_007

Is the new mail sever working 100%?

and what connectors are installed on the new server?

As long as the new server is working 100%, and its not pointing to the other mail server then the exchange should be alright. If you shut down the other server, does the mail still work?

:unsure:

Thanks alot MADGutts for replying

How would i know if the new server is pointing to the old server???

About shutting the old one off, i thought about it, but alot of people use it... so i was leaving this option to the last option.

The new server is working fine... sends and recieves internalling and externally

there is one issue that when i hit send/recieve, it keeps giving me this error

"! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F)' : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' "

But other than that, it works fine.

Thanks in advance

-Lebanese_007

The problem is with the offline address book configuration on your Microsoft Exchange Server.

If the Exchange 2000 Server computer that is responsible for generating the offline address list is uninstalled and there is no replica of the Oab folder, the server component that generates the offline Address Book (OABGen) may not work.

To create new site folders, you must use the Guidgen.exe utility. This utility is available in the in the Support\Utils\I386 folder on the Exchange 2000 Server CD. If you do not have access to this utility, download the Guidgen.exe utility from MS Support.

The version available for download, works with either Exch 2000 or Exch 2003.