Loading 3. party SATA Drivers with F6

Bootie

I have the same problem. I think that the driver works, because installation of WinXP (with SP1) is perfect. But slipstreamed version with integrated SP2 can't copy driver files from floppy to harddisk.

my hardware:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe with Sil 3112A, 2 disks in raid0

I think that's something wrong with nLite or SP2. But I'm not expert in these things ;)

same problem and same hardware here :}

edit: i've seen the new driver pack i'll feedback my results ASAP

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

I have the same problem. I think that the driver works, because installation of WinXP (with SP1) is perfect. But slipstreamed version with integrated SP2 can't copy driver files from floppy to harddisk.

my hardware:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe with Sil 3112A, 2 disks in raid0

I think that's something wrong with nLite or SP2. But I'm not expert in these things ;)

same problem and same hardware here :}

edit: i've seen the new driver pack i'll feedback my results ASAP

This is indeed fixed by the new DriverPack!

How? By adding CC strings. (check out the txtsetup.sif file for detailed info)

Well, Thanks to Bâshrat the Sneaky's Driver Pak and batch files, I was finally able to get this Dell 8400 to load my custom XP Pro build. Before, All I would get was the BSOD with a STOP 0X000007B error.

So Good job BTS! Thanks for all your hard work!

Raid, atleast level 0 is so wicked fast...

Like.....in what way??? What makes you believe that Raid 0 is fast?

As far as I know Raid 0 gives a marginal improvement over a single drive or in some cases even decreased performance. Granted Raid 0 may blow away single drive setups in benchmark apps, try the same in desktop applications and games. You will eat your words.

This coming from a guy who has been using Raid 0 setup for the last 3 years...and now a convert!

I will not eat my shorts.. I have been using for atleast 3-4 years also. And have used much higher level controllers capable of up to raid level 5. I own two promise supertrak sx6000's in fact. :whistle:

Not to mention several others. (Currently a Promise tx 2000 in my desktop machine)

Simply put, make two machines identical down to using raid 0 vs a single drive.. I can tell you by watching Windows startup up and wait till explorer starts and tell you the difference right there.

buletov is correct.. it is not a problem with the drivers.. Certain drivers exhibit the problem where others dont, but it for all reasons appears to be a problem with windows.. Problem is, ms will prpbalyl never fix for a very logical reason....

If you are doing a unattended setup, why would you be wanting to hit f6 and load drivers vs have them integrated in to the OEM structure of the cd...

So.. they probally dont care.. What we are trying to do is get the best of both worlds, unattended and attended.

I have the same problem! I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe board with (revision 1.04, I believe) with the 1007 bios and the Silicon Image 3112A controller. When I first bought my SATA hard drive, I installed WinXP with no problems (using F6 to install the 3112A drivers). However, now, I keep getting the message about an unexpected error at line 2108 (or something) in that oemdisk.c file. It won't let me continue and so I can't install Windows.

I have tried many different driver versions and even several copies of Windows (including 2000, Adv Server 2003, and XP Pro), all with the same problem. I only have a SATA drive, not an IDE one.

Is there anyway around this? I wonder why I got it to work before...

There is a simplesolution to the F6 with unattended installs.

The installer is looking for drivers in a folder $OEM$\Textmode, rather than the root of the floppy disk, when in unattended mode.

Simply copy the files on the floppy root to a \$OEM$\TEXTMODE subfolder as well.

Time to find solution : 10 minutes.

• 3 years later...
:thumbup omg! You pwn TechnoDinosaur! Your solution works. All you have to do is put 2 copies of the same files on the floppy (luckily it all fits). One copy will be in the root and the other will be A:\$OEM$\TEXTMODE

Time to find solution: ~4 hours Edited by cart0181