Cyber-relationships

tlatoani

well, knowing that one of my best friends found his girlfriend that way, i assume it works and they are very much happy. so i guess its good in one way as if anything, its getting to know someone before you may even meet so you have a better idea of who they are etc etc. me myself havent tried it but things on tv about people killing people when they meet and stuff is a big turn off for me, i rather the old fashion way, "So how you doin?! ;)" lol :P

lol :)

well some blind fool ppl after just talking for a few days, exchanging fake photos then setting up a meeting, they get a little crazy I suppose. bc they meet with someone else, someone they were not expecting...

but i'm sure there are many honest ppl who found gf's like that as doggie mentioned. but u never know who u're going to meet with. there are billions of ppl on the net, which makes it easy to meet with lots of ppl and find the best match. but it can go in opposite direction.. I like the old fashioned way though I'm still in university and have a chance to meet with many girls everyday. so I assume someone who doesn't have a job or who is in a job with few girls or similar situations may find internet very usefull in that manner...

well, depends.  trust most inportant, and u need to check for a while and make sure its not a trick either

GAMEHEAD, DONT YOU TELL ANYTHING OR ILL KILL U WITH MY CHEMISTRY NOTEBOOK

ROFL :P:D:w00t:

EDIT: forgot: I haven't... Girls who are just friends, yes. But I've met many people thanks to the Internet! (from India, Morocco, China, and so on!)

omg chemisty book. trouble, big thick book, gamehead start running if u say something :P lol

hmm wait no stay where u are when u say something maybe all the info on the chem book will be transfered to your brain when he hits u with it :P:lol:

well, depends.  trust most inportant, and u need to check for a while and make sure its not a trick either

OMG, I just saw this! :lol: I played a prank on sven during the summer... OMG, it was so funny today when me and someone else told him! :lol:

@XtremeMaC... sven's down the street from the school... It doesn't take him that long to get here! :w00t:

Cyber relationships can often be LIES! ;)

As far as cyber romances are concerned - that does not seem too appealing. It will not work out much, and you may not know each other very well (I think). For friendships, I'd say "cyber" (the Internet) is as good a place/medium as any. Many honest people are found on the net, and I do know that I've made some good friends online. :D

I'm in one now, we actually met on a game online called StarWars Galaxies, and we started to talk more and more, got on voice chat (teamspeak/ventrilo) got on cam, and now we talk all the time... (i'm on cam talkin too her now lol) but yea, most important thing for cyber relationships is TRUST. I've known her for about 4 months now, and i have complete 100% trust in her.

so yea... Cyber relationships are for losers... er... nevermind :P

Online is a place where people are more open, or will do things they wouldn't normally do. That brings both good and bad things.

I was able to talk to one girl at my college, who would normally be harder to talk to. She didn't expect me to be the way I was, and had some preconcieved notion of me. Things eventually led to a relationship, til she inevitably turned psycho.

If it was someone I never met, I probably wouldn't have been that way. I at least knew she was a woman. Meeting total strangers is a lot harder online, because you have no idea who they are. You might think open up to someone, and fall in love to later find out you were lied to the whole time, and the butt of a joke. Which is why I wouldn't ever find a relationship online. However friendship nothing really matters. You could lie to them all you want, but they won't kill you if you do.

As biohazrd said, you have the cam, voice or telephone to check the authenticity of the people arguments, and i agree with sleepnmojo about the extrovert of the people, i know many couples actually married now who find one each other trough the net, and in my stwisted mind find ths method very romantic , je je

:yes::D

but as for trust.... shes paying for me too go there too meet her parents and family in november, so i'm 100% sure this isn't a joke or anything. :P

I'm in California and she's in Florida. so yea.. LONG distance lol. but yea.. being able too see her, talk too her but not give her a hug or whatever.. :whistle: kinda puts stress on the relationship.

And also natural disasters are kinda p***in me off. shes been in 1 hurricane since we've known eachother (Hurricane Charley) and is about too go through another one (Hurricane Francis) I'll lose all contact with her for about 3-5 days if not more... don't know how much that can make a person worry until you know someone that goes through something like that. every minute of the day images of what if she died, what if her house is blown down the street and around the corner, just constant "What If's" for 3 days.. is enough too drive someone crazy...

now i'm rambling on and on.... but best advise for an online relationship is DON'T RUSH IT! knew another couple that met through star wars galaxies they rushed and were together about 3 weeks later.. and now they can't stand eachother, always fighting about stupid stuff and yea. My GF and I know what eachother like from foodwise - to -sexualwise.

---BAH... would type more but looking for a ticket now.. looks like shes on mandatory evac in florida and shes gonna come here with me :P ---

i suppose it would be a bit different if you were to talk and have actually seen them in real life. atleast then you would know there not lieing about looks etc. Suppose thats were all this online dating services come in to play. Im too skeptically to even consider these things. Dating was never ment to be easy!

Hey Dog, my girlfriend is in Florida too, and i'm afraid for Francis too, I'm an Aztec, a mexican for you, and i will never put a foot in that country but now i'm tempted to go in her rescue...

By the way she is a beautiful venezuelan girl :thumbup:rolleyes: