How To: 95 and 98 Setup Answer File

To my knowledge, you can buy a burner and a OEM CD legally for the price that it would cost to buy a retail off the shelf. Why buy the retail, if that is the case?

Until proof is given as to why a retail cd is better then an oem. I'll keep on buying oem's.

Mazin's post above proves what is being said about retail CDs being able to go the entire way, unattended. :P

(that's one of the reasons to go retail, and the proof as well)

Also, no one has any intentions of taunting anybody here. No one is forcing you to not use OEM CDs - you may do exactly as you like. Its honest facts and opinions are all you see on this thread.

Well teh thread wasnt wasted as i learned that my OEM 98 cd needed extra tweaks in the msbatch file so i wouldnt have to press Next when the cd key came up. The instructions gave later in the thread to fix that works great. People who had 98 and didnt know the differnce or knew one could make a msbatch file learned alot more.

Wasted thread? only if you didnt learn anything, but its better than 300 posts requesting the info and only getting something like; "Noone uses 98 anymore, you should format that right away and upgrade everything now before the feds break in and take your out of date box that wont even play Doom 1 (insert any new popular 13 year old game that requires 512 ram and 128MB card).

(copying the .pwl file over during install did not work)

Only way i know is to delete the .pwl files after 1st boot and to set the settings as i suggested. During the msbatch creation process it will let you choose Windows Logon as the default. If one could add something to delete the pwl file before 1st boot then you would only have to press the OK button the 1st time on 1st boot. At least it should work that way.